• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 88mod fault codes problems

Gridlock

Hi me and my buddy is trying to get a 740 to run right. It got alot of fault codes. They are 123 322 311 121. We are working on fixing the speedo after a rear axel swap. But the high idle when warm or after running it hard we cant figure out. And the temp sensor fault code. It was a NA car but swapped to 230fk with fuel chip.

Have you looked up the codes? what are they? Could this be a case of something simple like a bad ground for a lot of sensors?

We have trubleshooted all of them but getting nowhere. We have changed mass airflow, idle regulator, cooling airtemp sensor, sparkplugs, rotor, intake gasket, and alot more parts and sensors. Still getting fault codes on mass air and cooling temp sensor.

As suggested above. I second checking the ground circuits. You should have two grounds on the intake manifold fuel rail bolts. One is for the fuel ecu and one is for the ignition ecu. They should both be on their own separate bolts. You can't combine the grounds together in one place as that can cause noise in the circuits causing computer confusion.

Did you leave the AMM in the stock location or did you extend the wires? If you extended it good chance you wired something wrong, go back and double check your wiring.

For the ECT that can be a common failed ECT (I have seen new in the box bosch units throw the error code and not work so bench test it.)

Besides that the speedo error is normal and not a big deal.

I would double check your wiring for the AMM and make sure there is no break or loose wires, and the ECT do the same.

Back