home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > showroom

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
M.H. Yount
Board Member

I jumpered the pump again and set the fuel pressure to 39 psig. Took it off the jack stands and turned the key. She fired up on the first try. Settled into a nice 800 rpm idle -- 19" of vacuum brought the fuel pressure down to 30 psig at idle. I thought it was quiet standing at the back of the car with the trunk open - but you can't even hear the pump prime from inside the car anymore. You certainly can't hear it with the motor running. Took it around the neighborhood long enough to bring the cooling fans on and the oil temp up to 180F. Very uneventful. No pressure venting out of the fuel cap. Fuses/wires/connectors all cool to the touch. No leaks of liquid or 'smoke'. Should be good for a 200 mile run down to the Walter Mitty vintage races at Road Atlanta weekend after next.

And I test fit my new Voxx 17x8's. All went well. Man does the wheel ever sit close to the strut....but not much moves around up there. 1/4" is as good as a skosh.

I'm calling this one a success. Only thing left to do is let it run for 3 or 4 hours on a long cruise. But I suspect that will be as uneventful as the trip around the neighborhood was.

Thanks for the tips/help/questions.