• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240DL cat back 1 muffler

Yes, that's not a bad setup for a n/a car (it is essentially a 240 Turbo exhaust).

IMO clamps aren't bad if you use good ones like this (link) / Walker 36433

Some exhaust sealing paste (Walker 35959) helps to prevent clamped connections from rusting together.

--------

You can also piece together 240T exhaust components to make your own sport system if you like.

muffler: 1306192
tailpipe: 1378215
under pipe: 1336287
intermediate pipe: 1306187
support bracket/hanger: 1306609

Ref: https://forums.tbforums.com/showpost.php?p=4262734&postcount=27

Last edited:
You can also piece together 240T exhaust components to make your own sport system if you like.

muffler: 1306192
tailpipe: 1378215
under pipe: 1336287
intermediate pipe: 1306187
support bracket/hanger: 1306609

Would this setup be slightly bigger than the IPD sport system? I think I remember reading that the turbo setup has 60mm (2.36") piping while the IPD sport is 2.25".

If you can get original Volvo pipes then yes, they should be 60mm.

But in my experience if you order aftermarket Walker/Starla components they are 2.25".

Put one on the wife's car.

Little louder than the stock system.

Works fine.

:nod:

We put one on the 84 245 'surfwagon' and it was fine.

+25 rw hp

:lol:

2jm7l2.jpg

Thank you for kind replies, I will look into. Although 1st mufler replacing hanger is kind of weird thing, might need fabrication?

I have one, installed it a few months ago.

You get what you pay for. The parts came inside scuffed/scratched and the welds aren't the cleanest. A few dents here and there on the muffler.

IPD stated thats how they receive them from Starla. The stainless version would be much higher rebuild quality. The clamps it comes with leak, I'm planning on removing the exhaust, welding and reinstalling.

The exhaust itself sounds nice to me! It used to pop n cracked around low to mid 2000 rpms when letting off the gas, doesn't anymore. IDK why.

The bolt for the strap mount that goes right by the catalytic converter and connects to the exhaust fell out. I probably didn't tighten it enough.

Bottom line, it's cheap, does the job, fly's under the radar and isnt too hard to install.

Weld it or get better clamps if you don't want leaks.

Overall I'm happy with it, and it's so cheap I don't mind scraping. If you need a replacement go for it. Or piece your own together/hit up your local shop.

I still have original 30 years old sinking ship exhaust, recent discovery showed that it weld itself together and has couple small leaks.

Back