• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

05 s60r front end noise, can't find it!

Sven's245

So I've replace, all strut bushings, control arms,ball joints,inner/outter tie rods, sway end links,and new sub frame bushings. I still have a noise, sounds and feels like its coming from the steering rack itself...? the noise happens while driving over bumps an its a rattle/knock knock. very annoying! I can also move steering wheel back and forth while at a stop and it will knock. I've check bolts for steering rack, there tight. Im thinking the rack inside is loose?? are there bushing/bearings inside? any comments are appreciated!

thanks!!

Wouldn't be the first rack.

I assume you've checked the sway bar links and if the struts are leaking?

If everything has been done except the struts, and the noise is still there, it's likely the struts. The 4cs don't last long and they often knock.

They seem to start going bad around 80k km up in the cold north with crappy roads.

Jordan

I have an 04 VR with something similar...check the trans mount I think that's what mine is...unbolt it and check the bushings, you can't tell it's shot when bolted in apparently

Also, most aftermarket swaybar end-link nuts are cheap and don't hold tight causing the swaybar to come loose after some time. You should always re-use the Volvo nuts.

I'd check those, and if they're tight, it's likely struts...

Back