• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Photoman 1984 Red 242 Turbo

Thanks it has the look and color I like and I think low production number for that color combo. Send my daughter some pictures and she said it looks like those old Volvo's I already have. LOL

Don't know what is in or on your 142 but but the long runner and the larger plenum of the b21f make if much better than a b230f intake. In my mind it nearly as good as the NIW sheet metal intake but not the cool effect as the sheet metal one. I have one that Nathan modified that I got off someone and still need to send one to him to work his magic. Got a couple of his fuel rail as well. I was all ready to buy another NIW off mike since I PM him 3 minutes of posting one for sale but he let me the next day someone was ahead of me. All this stuff is a want and not a need.

thanks for the info! my 142 has the b230fk intake (same as b230ft intake) but i'm running a very small brake booster, and i would like to put a bigger brake booster on. with the intake of a b21f i would get more room for it.

so i think i going to hunt down a b21f intake! and make it work for lh 2.4 injectors

thanks for the info! my 142 has the b230fk intake (same as b230ft intake) but i'm running a very small brake booster, and i would like to put a bigger brake booster on. with the intake of a b21f i would get more room for it.

so i think i going to hunt down a b21f intake! and make it work for lh 2.4 injectors

It will clear the 240 booster with ease. If you don't find one let me know. Got one I need to prep and on that is on the 80

well, thanks for the offer, but here in europa there are plenty volvo's that got a inlet like that, so i don't tink its going to be hard to find one.

Tinkering today and tired of those red pipes. Also decided to try a NPR and the one the is close to drop in has a hole at the bottom. What are people using the is good that does not involve cutting the sheet metal. Also wanted to check the turbo for play, there is non I can feel. That was a surprise and it will not get changed until there is a problem. Going back out to put it back together so I can drive it.

Red pipes gone until I can remove the paint an polish them. Been hording the correct fan shroud. Nothing wrong with the radiator but will change to a better On soon.

This car came with a locking cap and the key matches the trunk. Was getting ready to sell until I figured that out.

Had to fix a air filter this morning early. The short one that came with the car was nipping the fan. Will use this until I get what I like.

Last edited:

Fluid almost 1 qt low refilled with Volvo type G. Fluid needed changing and figured out after I filled it with Type G, it had redline I think.

Pulled the valve cover the figure out the difference in the head and no gasket. Got luck and did not tear the old one cleaned the gasket and cover with brake cleaner and use gasket maker on the cover. This was a quick polish job just to get rid of the red cover. Got to pull it back off when I change the cam. Fix a few other little things and flushed the coolant as well.

Maybe Saturday! LOL

under the car last night addressing the Overdrive wiring. Three bare wire on top of the transmission. Had to drop the transmission down to put two back on the switch. could not see them and could only get two finger on them. Got it back together and does not work! don't know it if mixed up the switch wire but will trace down the relay before Licking that dog again. Also noticed small oil leak on the filter and the banjo bolt. will keep check and may wait for oil change before fixing that.

Finally looked into it deeper today and the relay was not seated proper in the socket, also not in the proper location. Works great now.

No progress and I have need driving it for the most part like I got it. Changed some small thing that make me sick. Exhaust came apart the other night so I parked it. Still have not had time to pull and ship the sway but warmer next week so I will get started. Looking at other projects got me wanting to go deep so next week I pull sway seats and carpet and get back on it.

Did pull the seats and need to clean it out and pull the carpet check the floor and
Put down some insulation. Decided to give a Texas ten to get seat covers installed since I don't have time. He informed me the cover I purchased for leather is not leather and after looking close I agree. Got one more trip this week and got to get that Honda done and gone next week. After that going to be all over it for a week or so. Still have not had time to pull the sway but will Wednesday.before leaving

Picked up the seats and wish I had done it my self. A button was missing and the guy did not have the good sense to take one of the old ones and stick in the hole. Although not leather the look a good deal better than the dried out busted up leather ones.

Yep as soon as I get them. These are 82 244 covers and fit the 242 seats. The latch area need to be cut and you can't tell. Carpet coming out to clean and redye black along with some insulation.

Back