• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Engine Modifications (everything I want to do)

okanawajim

Ok, since I am being told I should do this in all one post I will for all of you. Sorry if I sound rude, but I am new to this site, so sorry.

Ok first things first, I have a 1995 Volvo 850 sedan (non turbo).

1. I was told that a cold air intake, will have to be done custom made, is this true? Also was told that an intake for a 1990-1994 Accord that is cut a little bit would also work, and possibly one from an Integra. Since I don't have a turbocharged engine I can't buy a cold air intake for my car from what I have been told, it has to be custom made. Looking to spend at the most $100-$120.

2. I found an exhaust system for my car at www.eurosporttuning.com , and it looks to me to be a good deal and everything.

3. I also am looking for a new ECU, and I found one for $200.00 less, and I would like to know if it is a good deal, and if it is worth it after I put an exhuast and possibly a cold air intake if I can get one, or modify one for my car? The one I found was $500.

4. I was told new performance style cams, would give me a big boost. Where can I find some? I did a search and I didn't find anything yet. Looking to spend about $200 or less on each one, since I have a DOHC.

5. If I was going for a turbo, where could I get one with all the piping and items for a reasonable price. This would be like a long shot to get one. Looking to spend at the most $3,000 if that is possible. This is not my major upgrades at the moment, but give me feed back anyways. Thanks.

6. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a new automatic shift knob for my car? I found a nice one, and I found how to take the boot and everything off my factory style knob, but would like to know if it is possible to put an aftermarket one on.

7. El Glow gauges? I found them on www.eurosporttuning.com , but they are exspensive. Anyone know where to find them cheaper?

I know my subwoofer box is heavy, but I have a stereo system in my car, and well I have a sub for bass, and it sounds good, so I am keeping it. Yes I know it adds weight, but I am looking for performance, but am not going to race my car like mad. Just want a little bit more HP, then a stock Volvo has. I want to get up to at least 200 Hp, with all my mods.

Again sorry I am new here, and just trying things out. I will remember next time to post things in a collective group like this one, as not to take space up in the forum, again I am sorry. I am new at car modification, and am only trying to get honest answers, and no bullshit, so please help me here. Thanks.[/b]

Why don't you sell it and start with a turbo car? Then you are starting at 220HP with the regular turbo car. 250 if its an R (estimated hp, I'm too lazy and drunk to write out specifics, yet I will tell you this). Honestly.... with 1G in, you will be at 300HP and beat a good 90% of the cars on the road.

Maybe sell this one, get a turbo...

Jordan

GTJordan said:
Why don't you sell it and start with a turbo car? Then you are starting at 220HP with the regular turbo car. 250 if its an R (estimated hp, I'm too lazy and drunk to write out specifics, yet I will tell you this). Honestly.... with 1G in, you will be at 300HP and beat a good 90% of the cars on the road.

Maybe sell this one, get a turbo...

Jordan
90%? i think 300 ponies will beat quite a bit more than a mere 90%...

Back