• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration -- 240 Style (DONT POST YOUR OWN)

Well, now that TB is back I think this one deserves a spot in this thread:

384.jpg

385.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

388.jpg

389.jpg

390.jpg

391.jpg

392.jpg

393.jpg

394.jpg

395.jpg

Man there is a lot of seriously heavy duty 240's in this thread.. No wonder TB was down for so long.

Tonight is the first night, my ISP could resolve turbobricks.com....

Guys, as was mentioned earlier try not to post pics of your own cars. The intent here was avoiding cluttering up the thread with peoples own stuff- this is about inspiational cars, your own doesn't count.

Past this point if you post your hoopty I am canning your post, please don't be offended.

If you want to whore your own car out by all means make a thread.

my mom told me my car was inspirational:grrr:

Well, I think that's definitely a reliable, impartial source, Bondo's just being a jerk, you've already inspired me to go scrounge up the trim for my tow hoopty and put it back on!

Here's some inspiration for us broke brickers: (assuming it'll let me hotlink)
24263.jpg

242051.jpg

(for people who don't know, that's peter bjorck's hoopt, which ran 11s on baldies while trapping in the 130s)

I wish I had some pictures to contribute, but my laptop is pretty Volvo free. I'm not sure what my original inspiration was, but at the VCOA meet in Knoxville I saw Paul Schue's black 240 wagon and wanted it so bad. At the time I had my original Volvo ('88 740 GLE) and my project 145. I think Dave Barton's wagon is an inspiration for my 145 (I know... wrong model), as well as the medium blue 244 that's been floating around with the S70 airdam and side skirts in it (we all know which one I'm talking about ;-) ). I have the airdam and the car... just lacking the time and the talent. And Chicca's (real name unknown to me) 744SE may have been the motivation for me to find my SE. Very well done car.

That's it. Just wanted to contribute. If anyone has pictures handy of the above mentioned cars, feel free to share :)

Patrick

good thread idea Cameron.

Heres 4 cars that were key inspiration for me in the last 10 years...

The first car i saw that made me want to do more than paint the caps on my virgos (circa 1998 thanks to tractor-pulling-center for showing modded volvos to the US)
240gal040.jpg

bjarne02.jpg

bjarne05.jpg

bjarne11.jpg

...and heres what it looks like today (not a fan of those wheels though)
179_7973_img.jpg

Next was the original b&w photos of this car which i dont have anymore but i think i can thank anthony hyde for sharring the original back in '99 maybe?
101_0140_IMG_1.jpg

100_0010_IMG.jpg

The one i stared at the most and even found the back issue of bilsport with it... one of my all time favorites (550hp on an 8v motor btw)
02_0012.jpg

192_G.jpeg

191_G.jpeg

Of course you cant forget this car which became rather popular
0402ec_volvo07_z.jpg

0402ec_volvo03_z.jpg

Back