• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Lol. Looks like your good to go now. No more talk about putting that mechanical fan back on.

Don't the low rider guys put flints under their cars so they throw sparks going down the road?

Cut springs are so last week...

Last edited:
True. Just don't break the rear wiper. I finally got it going. Lol.

Any big plans this summer? After Jim and I do the heater should I fix the M47 or swap to a T5?

Find another M47 in the junkyard, it's the turbobricks way.

What should I pay at the PNP? $100?

I've got the STS bushings in and a Homer short shifter coming. Are there any other bushings in the shifter? It's pretty loose.

She's only truly bad when cold. Although the noise in 5th gets pretty annoying after a while.

They use blocks of magnesium. Long lasting, and spark like crazy :). They call them drag blocks.

Sweet!

There is a long board scene here in Portland. One night a kid had some metal puck in his glove when he put his hand down for a corner. It was totally AWESOME! Huge shower of sparks.

Picked up my 100a Denso alternator today. New rectifier, brushes, bearing, etc. Now I can weld from the battery of the car like Mr. T. Loved that van.

new_van.jpg

Momma is still making noise about moving to DC. Mid '90's and stormy there this week. Bleh. I like the cool green of the PNW. Though I could literally do a coast to coast road trip in the DL. That in itself might justify moving. About 3000 miles +/-. If it's not winter, I think I would pack my tent, take a few weeks, and run across Hwy 2 or 94 so I could see my dad in Michigan. Maybe tint the windows. I better get on this...

What should I pay at the PNP? $100?

I've got the STS bushings in and a Homer short shifter coming. Are there any other bushings in the shifter? It's pretty loose.

She's only truly bad when cold. Although the noise in 5th gets pretty annoying after a while.

Ya hop in your time machine and go back to 1995, and that's what they'll be.

The reman alternator is in! While pushing the four new bushings in I found that there was only one in the adjuster tube where it bolts to the front of the block. Found a longer bolt and we're golden. Fired it up and the voltmeter was a bit higher than usual. Hmm. The DVOM says 14.6v. Sounds good to me. Pretty sure the head lights are brighter. Probably wishful thinking, but that would really be a nice. Plus, chicks dig small alternators and fused batteries circuits.

The reman alternator is in! While pushing the four new bushings in I found that there was only one in the adjuster tube where it bolts to the front of the block. Found a longer bolt and we're golden. Fired it up and the voltmeter was a bit higher than usual. Hmm. The DVOM says 14.6v. Sounds good to me. Pretty sure the head lights are brighter. Probably wishful thinking, but that would really be a nice. Plus, chicks dig small alternators and fused batteries circuits.

According to you chicks dig all sorts of stuff :-P

Back