• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Performance Exhaust System For Non Turbo 245 1993

Simons makes a great looking sport exhaust for 240s but I have no personal experience with them. They are "over-axle" which is awesome, imo. And you can get them with cat delete.

I'm surprised that no comments have been made about the no-cat option. Has that topic been pretty much burnt out of this forum?

I'm surprised that no comments have been made about the no-cat option. Has that topic been pretty much burnt out of this forum?

Deletion doesn't make enough of a difference and the emissions are much cleaner so having the cat is worth it. Even my 3" performance system on my turbo uses one and I would do so again.

Deletion doesn't make enough of a difference and the emissions are much cleaner so having the cat is worth it. Even my 3" performance system on my turbo uses one and I would do so again.

If it's required to run a cat wherever you are, then do it.

Thank you both for your legitimate and polite responses. I don't really have an opinion about maintaining or removing a cat.

As far as the legality of it goes, I have a gut feeling that federal and some state regulations may prohibit engine modifications in general. I intend to have some internal engine mods performed this year so I feel as though me discouraging cat removal may be similar to a pot calling the kettle black.

I intend to have some internal engine mods performed this year so I feel as though me discouraging cat removal may be similar to a pot calling the kettle black.

True, on the legality part.

A catalytic converter, even on a modified car, will clean up the emissions substantially. A non-cat vehicle produces ~ 3x more hydrocarbons and ~2x more CO compared to a cheap 2-way cat (quick google search net's those results).

So that's ~300% more pollutants for ~2-3% more hp. I don't like that trade-off.

Back