• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

which ZF gearbox on B230 for 400whp

austrian240T

Hy, my Name is Stefan from Austria.
First of all, sorry for my bed english!!

I have an 240er Turbo with b21ET and now i would like to swap on a B230 engine with Haltech ECU and complete rebuild with new Pistons and rods. now i look for the best gearbox, a T5 gearbox is not easy to find in europe, but we have ZF in Austria, so my Question is, can anybody told me which gearbox is the best and how i can finde a Adapter to fit on the redblock?. i hope anybody can help me, Thanks Stefan

20e613-1547983020.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

M90

How many WHP can work the M90 gearbox, i have one at home, but i think it don?t works very long with my setup(400WHP)

Junge if you have a 400 whp car you do want the gear ratios..getrieb?bersetzung and axle ratios to be both strong but also correct...
You going to make a car for driving 230 km-hr all day long? oder was? All the road car BMW sourced Getrag and ZF gearboxes and the M90 have echt scheisse ratios..understand?

I am guessing that if you really have++or are planning 400hk---then you are making more a fun car..But maybe say what it is instead of making us try and guess..Because end-use decides what good is..

Hy John, yes it will be a funcar for street drive. I would like to reach around 350Whp...
the topspeed around 220km/h is ok, but i would like to have fun until 220km/h.

It is from an 1994 940 Turbo. I think it is not the last one...

1994? must be the early type (H1 or L1) unless it's already swapped (i thought first M90 came 1995?)
On the outside, late and early type look the same, different gear ratios tho (info all over the web)
Count turns in and out shafts, calculate ratio's on 1st and 5th and you'll know.
On the later type's is no stop ring welding required, the early type can also survive unwelded if not abused.

For those familiar to klracing adapters, what do they mean by saying leaning (tilted?) - lutande or straight-Rak motor in their descriptions ? At least this is how google translates it !

Over here in the US there were people selling an adapter so you could use the Getrag 265 from the 80s and late 70s 5 series BMW. You may consider that since I'm sure a BMW Getrag box is probably easier to find for you. Also there is a lot of information on swapping a ZF box into a volvo on this site. http://anderssonsteelspeed.se They make the trans mount and offer welding service to adapt the ZF box to a redblock or whiteblock. With the stuff on their site they have mounts for putting in the whole BMW engine and trans.

The Getrag is really expensive, like $2500+ for an unknown condition used one. I bought a brand new Tremec TKO600 for less than the price of a known good used Getrag. Just saying...maybe they are cheaper in your corner of the world though, you have to look at some options

I threw that Getrag up there because he is in Europe and it may be cheaper or easier to find one there. I looked into the swap here and it does require some extra money and or work to do a Getrag swap over here. I'm going with a T5 when I do my swap. Not sure that the Getrag is any stronger than a M90 either.

he's in europe, he can just find somebody to ship him a welded BMW box easily.

For those familiar to klracing adapters, what do they mean by saying leaning (tilted?) - lutande or straight-Rak motor in their descriptions ? At least this is how google translates it !
Motor wise. Whether you're upright motor or slanted.

Back