• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Uncleknucklez 242 road ripper

Nice shots of sharp 242.
#volvolyfe :lol:

No kidding :roll:

Sweet ride.

It's so clean!

Everything I want in a 240

Beautiful example of what a 242 should look like.

Thank you all for the kind words, I am very happy with this car, today....

Do you recall the specs of the fuel line you used to go from the Kjet filter to the LH fuel rail?

Unfortunately I do not, The PO figured out the adapter thing, I've been told it is some type of fitting off of a Mitsubishi, but that hasn't been very helpful in tracking down another.

Do you recall the specs of the fuel line you used to go from the Kjet filter to the LH fuel rail?

Unfortunately I do not, The PO figured out the adapter thing, I've been told it is some type of fitting off of a Mitsubishi, but that hasn't been very helpful in tracking down another.

If you still have the fuel line from the Kjet filter, you can cut off the vinyl tubing and just use the fitting at the end. IIRC the hose barb you'll see there will allow you to run one piece of hose straight into the LH fuel rail. This is what I did on my 242 but I forget the exact size.

I got the rest of the pics from my photo session this past weekend

V4mPXpkl.jpg

fEIVwGIl.jpg

sNGRht3l.jpg

2WCyvPPl.jpg

7syei3tl.jpg

Update time! This is now a MEGASQUIRT THREAD!!!

Car drove into my garage the Friday before last under LH24 power for the last time!
Two days later it was running (rich and rough) on MS2V3.0 that I purchased from another member. The install went very well, and I spent a bunch of time making sure everything was in top condition before the installation.

The learning curve is pretty steep, but with a couple members help (Thanks Harlard and Gsellstr) I have been dailying it again for the past few days.

The car already runs and idles better (and smoother) than it ever did on LH, which is surprising because I thought I had a good running LH car. The power is smoother and more linear, and being able to see everything in real time is incredible!!

Pics!

JEh3bM5l.jpg

ebSO1hcl.jpg

Stim testing

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="ejYM5Z7"><a href="//imgur.com/ejYM5Z7">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like paper....
iXWrJwtl.jpg

Square plug sub harness
DwOXqP6l.jpg

Wiring near complete
NC7w0gtl.jpg

6jOkm3fl.jpg

Muh Tables

AUTKCqQl.jpg

So, plans are to continue tuning cold start, then Accel enrichment, and fire up the EGO stuff. But the car is already very pleasant to drive, no bucking, no stumbling, no fuss.

I do have to work on the grounding scheme, there is something weird happening where when it rains, the MS main relay stays latched with the key off until I engage the parking brake (the indicator switch circuit) :oops:

Last edited:
Here is the first running vid, The fuel load was jacked because I hooked my map sensor to ported vacuum originally :oops:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VTOYcZqR5XM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a running vid with the bad vacuum source still, I was able to take a log, and send it to Gary and he figured out almost immediately that the MAP signal was trash and I was able to figure that out shortly after.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2js83_qatG0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OH! The speedo works finally, turns out that a G80, with sensor wheel WILL contact your speedo sensor without a shim, That was embarrassing to figure out.

So after spending some time digging brass out of the diff, I have a functioning speedo!

sBSta63l.jpg

[<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="zQDS5In"><a href="//imgur.com/zQDS5In">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice Chris! An already nicely sorted 242 getting sorted even morerer!

Thanks Dustin, I feel like I am chasing my tail most days, but I can see the light at the end!

Nice find on the speedo! I'm still curious what you find on the relay staying latched, that's an odd one.

I don't even really know where to start with this one :lol:, I am going to go through the wiring changes that I made (My sub harness has a new exciter wire in it) and see if I flubbed anything.

Nice progress here. Tuning is always fun once you get "stuck in" and comfortable with what's going on. Enjoy the process!

Back