• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lh2.4 swap

Sketchysedan

I have an ?87 240 turbo that I swapped over to lh2.4. It was running for months with no issues. Went out to start the car the other day and fuel pump did not prime. Was not getting spark either. I tried to check the diagnostic box, but the led would not blink. This made me believe it was an issue with the wiring going to the ecu. I checked all the grounds with a dvom and they are all good. The ecu is getting power. I then thought it could be an issue on the ezk side, so I swapped in a known good power stage and ignition coil, and tried a different crank sensor. I even tried a couple different sets of ecu?s with no luck. Not sure what the next step is in troubleshooting this, let me know if you have any suggestions.

Spin all the fuses in the fuse panel, and check the fuel pump relay. No fuel pump prime points to those two things.

Depending on what harness was used for the LH2.4 conversion, check the main blade fuse in the engine compartment near the battery.

With LH2.4 you have to have spark before the fuel pumps turn on. So, if you have no spark follow the symptom to figure out what's wrong. You can use a meter or a low power test light to check the signal at the ignition amp. Check for the switching input signal and the output can be tested on the coil negative terminal. It should flash a test light on terminal 1 when cranking. If there is no signal input. Then check wiring and if wiring is OK, it's either the crank sensor or the ezk box. If there is a signal input but not output switching. Then the wiring to the coil or the ignition amp or coil could be bad. Common to get corrosion on the terminals of the ignition amp since it's near the battery.

Back