• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B234 16v head on B21?

B21ft + b204ft head and intake manifold would be ideal for turbocharging (~8.5:1). Forged steel crank, m-rods, moderate compression, good flowing head.

B204ft chamber volume is smaller than 160/398/530 head.

B21ft + b204ft head and intake manifold would be ideal for turbocharging (~8.5:1). Forged steel crank, m-rods, moderate compression, good flowing head.

B204ft chamber volume is smaller than 160/398/530 head.
My block has been decked so the pistons are at 0.0 in, I don't think I'll have a compression problem.

Are the b204ft heads different b234 16v heads? Will the N/A 16v head work on a n/a b21 size wise?

Last edited:
I saw a picture someone posted that showed the valves clearing the bore by a smidge

The valves may clear, but it still leaves a large amount of the combustion chamber hanging over the deck of the block. That's probably the worst combustion chamber scenario WRT detonation and flame propagation.

The valves may clear, but it still leaves a large amount of the combustion chamber hanging over the deck of the block. That's probably the worst combustion chamber scenario WRT detonation and flame propagation.

I don't know but isn't the combustion chamber diameter the same for all the 8v heads and thereby the 16v also? Can't I just use the B21 head gasket?

No the 16V chamber is wider. Find that picture, you'll see what is being said. You'll have a ledge between the block and the head, regardless of what gasket is used.

Back