• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

need help, disconnect oil lines... stuck in the middle of the job

Linas

So im trying to change the O rings on the oil filter plate, and i cant figure out how to disconnect the 2 oil lines going to the fitting. There are 2 bolts it seems but i dont know which to turn to get it loose so i can move the thing out of the way.

trouble understanding you. it there are two bolts on top of one another, then one is a lock and the other is the fastener, they both have to come off.

matter of fact im going to say they both have to come off regardless.

Get 2 open end wrenches of the correct sizes and use the "scissor" trick to undo the lines. Line them up in a V pattern that allows you to exert all the force of your hand and fingers to loosen the lower nut. It is just a large compression fitting that you're dealing with.

Funny, I've never had to pull the lines to replace either of the filter adapter/cooler adapter o-rings. If you pull the clamp that holds the lines in place it'll get you enough movement to get things out of the way enough to replace the o-rings.

Back