• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

mice?
MfelI4rh.jpg

Jack,
I think I have a spare RMS. Let me check and get back to you later today.
Maybe we can work out a deal if you the radio trim I'm looking for? :oogle:
Steve
:rofl: If I knew what you're looking for I could find it ...

I found 5 volvo ones :oogle:

Im either missing something or theres a purpose to it... I need to look at owners manual since I found no pictures of the back seat with doors open. Maybe this one is from a coupe

But damn is the back door opening foot area tiny

nothing exciting
yesterday. New pilot bearing, Volvo RMS
huNOEIIh.jpg

found the correct gear for 4.10
c0TZNZ2h.jpg

replaced
output seal and speedo gear washer and two seals
Tpp3Ocnh.jpg

stopped here
hp1h6ioh.jpg

today. wrestled the trans into place. New bolts from hardware store.
8oxaOm9h.jpg

school bus shifter benefit
dTA1qz7h.jpg

Not in pictures. installed the temp sender and now all my gauges work correctly even the speedo. WOOP:cool:

Nice progress. Surprised nobody has chimed about the gap on the side of the rear seat. Guessing not too many 122 owners here.

I really enjoy your updates :) Man, you need an new dash cover!!!
Thank you for reading :) Dash will come when the headliner and floor are done. Next few months

Nice progress. Surprised nobody has chimed about the gap on the side of the rear seat. Guessing not too many 122 owners here.
Thank you for your kind words. Not many 4 door owners also

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing! You make me want to go fix the nagging issues on my heap.

DOET! Just takes little at a time once a week and looking back it adds up quickly. Thank you for reading this stuff

Today, some win some :censored:failure
4.5 wheels with new tires. I went with most popular on Amazon. $50 each and it has great reviews.
okywZ7fh.jpg

all but @#$%^& one.... guess I ened up with a 1800 wheel :oops:
icTwjJOh.jpg

nfiyNvXh.jpg

Things waiting on installation (2 seat frames - 1 shown)
X8gr9qCh.jpg

This weekend I picked up a set of su hs6
Cleaning them up for a rebuild
Z9sTUNkh.jpg

Also found out that when the RR tire blew up it tacoed the turnk.. :omg: Oh well
brsc9Qjh.jpg

That's an early 4?" 140/164 wheel. 1800E/ES never got the oval hole wheels.

Gotta check those part numbers.

Oh yeah, you've got a 2 door rear seat bottom. That's why it looks funny.

Last edited:
7 days and no updates?! Come on :grrr:

I think I like this thread

:rofl: I been itching to post stuff but waiting on powder coating to be done

Drove it 180miles this weekend to see 122power(less) but bastard had put his away so no twin pictures there... Thanks Fluke
Meet sick looking dude there who said he had manifolds built in Japan for these back in the day to compete with iPd. Ended up buying a tiny fraction of vintage receivers from him. Going back for more and hopefully some Volvo tools http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=5847505&postcount=68

Yesterday I did 80 miles. Been driving it daily. Lots of love from all sorts of people. Had a corner homeless dude talk to me about his Amazon; to old ladies going “I went to prom in one” :omg:
Some drunk women took pictures in it but had husbands :/

I’m trying to decide if I should put an old kenwood in this with amp outputs I have... it’s maybe from the early 80s ... idk how it will look. Don’t need radio on short trips but long I feel like I get vertigo after few hours since shocks are blown. Planning on taking it to Los Angeles (1000 mile round trip in few weeks) I’ll make a thread http://turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344595.... damn it so impatient

I appreciate the kind words :)

Last edited:
Seem to ride pretty good to me. Car is pretty stable and quiet. But mine has no headliner and trans is noisy, lol
I did request that he put in a push button start option though before he breaks another key off. So we did that and its all good.

Last edited:
I hear you about people complimenting a vintage/unusual car. Took my coupe to friends' shop this morning hoping to get it finished this weekend. Some guy driving a new Cadillac SUV holds up traffic to shout out "hey where'd you get that nice BERTONEE" ? Haven't seen one in while, blah, blah. Horns blasting away move that thing. Felt good.

What a great hobby and vehicle. Nice going.
Thank you!
Im always working.

Seem to ride pretty good to me. Car is pretty stable and quiet. But mine has no headliner and trans is noisy, lol
I did request that he put in a push button start option though before he breaks another key off. So we did that and its all good.

DOOD you haz two!!!!
:nod: Finally got use to the switch, I need to take pictures.

Nice work.

Thank you
I hear you about people complimenting a vintage/unusual car. Took my coupe to friends' shop this morning hoping to get it finished this weekend. Some guy driving a new Cadillac SUV holds up traffic to shout out "hey where'd you get that nice BERTONEE" ? Haven't seen one in while, blah, blah. Horns blasting away move that thing. Felt good.
he was looking for some blow :rofl:

Today
got the correct wheel done and installed. Finally she rolls on all new tires and WIDE wheels
I can stop being paranoid about another blowout while on freeway. Thanks FLuke :-P (the F is silent and you know what it stands for)

FREE tire swap/balance AND shine spray:cool: I bring all my dismounts to this mom/pop place down the street always pay cash What you guys run them PSI at? tire rated for 44, I said fill it up to 60 Hunter S Thomson style... No running at 40
zME9jGDh.jpg

Kids want the air hockey table back
pqiZeYAh.jpg

Started with - this is already been "fixed" once from what came on car
9AjM8vFh.jpg

left is what I decided to go with. Foam is way better (forgot pictures) than what I had but ripz no bueno
ZR1MfLUh.jpg

$4 at fabric store. Only used #4. Some upholstery thread - really high tensile strength
d8SuFdeh.jpg

poop picture - side bolster before
KpvHYUGh.jpg

after
(forgot to take pictures of center seam, took forever but Im not doing new covers until rest of interior is done)
ovh8yfQh.jpg

done for tonight. This cover needs a pressure washing. Hopefully the old ass vinyl will hold up where I sewed it
HDWA18vh.jpg

Thanks for checking up on this everyone. Your comments motivate me to keep twerking on :)

Last edited:
this morning

seat put back together
rails wire brushed and lubed
fOhHAhQh.jpg

I still need to patch that hole on bottom but Im out of glue since the explosion
aTv8kmLh.jpg

nWoPzUdh.jpg

kfpexsxh.jpg

polished the screw heads and knobs
RtwOlcbh.jpg

installed
L2LcFckh.jpg

pending
Bl8fB07h.jpg

I need to replace the worn out seat back and bottom straps. Back is original but bottom got the lawn chair treatment at some point (Before picture)
rWYlGDxh.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' good Jack. :cheers:
thank you
i dont see a cup holder filter box between the seats yet. Are you smoking swisher sweets now?

I thought you said coffee can?

today

replaced engine mount brackets and passenger side engine mount - it was out and a bit saggy. I had one so why not

p7SNuLSh.jpg

XW20ROyh.jpg

decided to polish up and straighten the grills - you can spend hours doing that. I didnt
before (pictures suck but they were heavily oxidized and driver was bent up)
ZgDde87h.jpg

after - I'll take a better picture shortly
y4sum8Ah.jpg

test fitting just for picture - would need to be straightened and cleaned - why do you think?
eg4PI92h.jpg

just placed this in there, IDK if i like it yet. The center section is WTF for ? If I keep it the green will need to change
Ye3jKs2h.jpg

took out the console - I like the function of it but it looks like it's for a 140. Not enough console forward of the shifter...so it's going to my 145 collection department

ehh still cant tell but it's bling now damn it
fPt6V2xh.jpg

and because sic angle pose instabook picture is a must
3g79lsAh.jpg

Back