• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Newbie 1st post - Going to look at 1990 740 Turbo Wagon ... need Feedback, Please!

amundaza

Good morning all,
This is my first official post. I've never had a Volvo, but since my 2000 Focus got totalled last Friday, I'm going tonight to look at a buddy's (best man in our wedding) Grandpa's 1990 740 Turbo wagon. His grandpa was a stickler with cars, wanting them perfect, so he would dump gobs of $$$ to make them that way.

Here's what up with the car ... your feedback/recommendations, please!

Car is apparently loaded with leather, heated seats, moon roof, 3rd row seating (not used), tinted windows, auto tranny. It has 100,000 miles on it. Before my buddy's grandpa died, he had a new paint job done (midnight black), all new A/C system installed, new exhaust and new tires ... about $4000 invested.

Apparently, the only thing needed is to fix and reinstall the tailgate trim, as some of the clips got broken, when removing it for the paint job.

Since you all are the Volvo experts, what things should I be looking for on this car, that could be potential problems? This will be my daily driver, if I buy it.

Also, the blue book value on this car is $3450 in excellent condition, what would you think it to be worth, or what should I expect to pay, for it with all the updgades done?

Thanks all for the feedback!

Sincerely,
GregTaylor
Oxford, MI
1989 Grand Wagoneer "Terminator 2": Water/Hydrogen Injection Coming Soon ... 330" AMC stroker V8. 5" lift 31" BFG A/T's. Killer32 front bumper

Last edited:
Pics of the wagonEER

No pics of the 740T Wagon ... yet ... will see it tonight.

Here's a pic of the Wagoneer

picture.php

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller, Bueller ... Feedback PLEASE!

Howdy again all,
I'm really looking for some good feedback on the 1990 740T Wagon. Please, anyone, I'm Begging on my knees! :roll:

Thanks, really! :-D

Sincerely,
GregTaylor :)
Oxford, MI
1989 Grand Wagoneer "Terminator 2": Water/Hydrogen Injection Coming Soon ... 330" AMC stroker V8. 5" lift 31" BFG A/T's. Killer32 front bumper

Thanks for the added feedback ... looking forward to seeing the 740T tonight.

No, I wasn't on Focaljet ... I assume that's a Focus forum. BTW, I had installed Pulstar plugs in the Focus 3.5 weeks prior to its "departure" and picked up 2.5 MPG in city and 4 MPG on the expressway. I'll be considering them for the 740T.

Thanks to all who responded

Many thanks to all of you that responded on the Volvo questions. I really appreciate it. Although it is a superbly nice Volvo, it had a few issues that would need attention before being a great daily driver.

I have since picked up a 1-owner 2001 PT Cruiser, with 64,500 on it.

If anyone is interested in pics of the Volvo and interested in buying it, please email me at amundaza@yahoo.com and I'll forward the pics.

If you want to buy it, please call Ray Phelan at 248-652-8875 ... he lives in Rochester Hills, MI. You can also contact him through email via Craigslist at http://detroit.craigslist.org/gms/706812033.html

my spider senses are telling me there is large amounts of fail in this thread

Back