• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 + e46m3 = 262 W (episode 2)

I sold the Ronals. too small for the E46 brake/coilovers
sent out the strut plates to get a custom set made to fit onto a 240 chasis few days ago.

I been collecting some parts. Will probably go with Tan interior because no one does it anymore and my other cars have black interiors.
I also have some near mint replacements so that helps with the decision.
(will still use the Recaros)

Im on the fence about the engine. Engine trans combo is worth "more" out of the car then in the car. Say I decide to sell the engine/trans combo I'll make more $ out of the car than to put it into a 242 and sell as a whole car.

I'm not in a hurry, I been pouring $ into my business and home remodeling, also acquired two more projects since I got this.

thanks for the good rating harribert

Last edited:
Engine trans combo is worth "more" out of the car then in the car. Say I decide to sell the engine/trans combo I'll make more $ out of the car than to put it into a 242 and sell as a whole car.

no way. You really don't think if you built and finished this it'd be worth more than the $4-5k the engine/trans is worth?

S65 swap.
I already have the S46
but if I find one for same/less I will do that;-)

My other problem is I have 3 91+ b230s and couple of 16v heads. Also own a standalone ecu for that
too many choices for me

B94 swap.
dont know this one

no way. You really don't think if you built and finished this it'd be worth more than the $4-5k the engine/trans is worth?

maybe $8k?? maybe
to get the S46 engine it wont take much but I need a standalone and tune for about $1k

but say I put a 16v in it with everything else I would probably be able to sell the whole car for $6-7k

Im having a hard time justifying the built at the moment. Family, house, business etc come first and I already have a
- 1965 boat I need to finish
- 69 145
- 75 245
- 95 t100 supercharged long travel suspension etc "hot rod"
- 97 850

Last edited:
maybe $8k?? maybe
to get the S46 engine it wont take much but I need a standalone and tune for about $1k

but say I put a 16v in it with everything else I would probably be able to sell the whole car for $6-7k

yeah I definitely see your angle, but I do think any decently well sorted swap like this will clear that bar pretty easily.

Actually, to an extent, it doesn't seem like engine flavor drives 240 values as much as just how well sorted and how clean the car is.

yeah I definitely see your angle, but I do think any decently well sorted swap like this will clear that bar pretty easily.

Actually, to an extent, it doesn't seem like engine flavor drives 240 values as much as just how well sorted and how clean the car is.

Good point!
I was watching the last episode of Roadkill where they salvage parts from a "show" quality Duster thats been sitting forever only because the owner wants to make it "perfect" but because of that hasn't worked on it in years :lol:

Chassis will be clean no matter what engine I stick inside it. The body/paint is the nicest I have ever owned and 1/4 is burned :lol:

I can get 330hp out of a 16V "easily" to match the s54 engine but if I were to "tune" the BMW I can get crazy numbers with "ease"....

too many choices :grrr: thanks 'Merica

You are assuming everyone can build a car as clean as yours. Most people can't. (Not saying Jack can't, just speaking in general terms here.)

Good point!
I was watching the last episode of Roadkill where they salvage parts from a "show" quality Duster thats been sitting forever only because the owner wants to make it "perfect" but because of that hasn't worked on it in years :lol:
Sounds like me! :lol:

stop trolling my thread

No trolls from me Jack! Sorry if it came off that way :-(

You've got a fair bit of stuff going on so it's understood that updates would be scarce. Do you still have that other 242 shell? (The blue not black one) I'm just curious of what happened to it

In Witch Jack Takes A Litteral Pile Of Garbage And Builds A beautiful Car

Jk that chasis is clean af. You should deffinitly make a straight 6 cyl 242 street car #NotA1JZPlease

um what keeps happening here ...

IMG_20160610_140534726_zpscqpblgyt.jpg

IMG_20160610_170444753_zpsesh1e3wn.jpg

IMG_20160611_154400297_zpsh5hbh4ih.jpg

If I had the knowledge to do that swap I would. Another great find. We need yards like that here.

Back