• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tips for anchor points on Camshaft pulley torque down

For the cam sprocket and aux shaft sprocket. You can use an old timing belt. Wrap around the sprocket then wrap old belt around the large tensioner stud. Clamp the belt down onto the wrapped part on the stud with a vise grip plier. Tighten bolts to 36ft lb.

I've used a small pipe wrench between the lobes on the cam shaft. I have some HF oil filter vise grips that I use on the auxillary shaft and I use the rope trick for the crank sprocket and flywheel bolts.

For the cam sprocket and aux shaft sprocket. You can use an old timing belt. Wrap around the sprocket then wrap old belt around the large tensioner stud. Clamp the belt down onto the wrapped part on the stud with a vise grip plier. Tighten bolts to 36ft lb.

This, exactly. Pics are in my build thread.... for the cam pulley at least. I use 2 pair of vice grips; one at the pulley, the other at the stud. It works brilliantly......:nod:

I assume you have one of these:

61g9zww0sSL._SY355_.jpg

Crank pulley: Put car in 4th gear and have your friend press the brakes.

Used the old timing belt with the vise grips trick for the cam and aux sprockets and it worked great!!!
Now I'm just waiting to get my hands on a woodruff key for the crank sprocket since I lost mine somewhere. Having a hard time finding one for this motor....

Ha, I did the ugga ugga today myself with air wench. Gonna start up the 88 240 white slicktop race wagoon tomorrow! Motar is in, just gotta tidy it up and run it!

Back