• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Something Strange Happened, Ideas?

Haystack

I was driving to work this morning in my 87 240, it was raining and I was cruising in the hammer lane. All of a sudden I felt a sudden loss of power and there was a noticeable hum/vibration. I got over in the slow lane in case I needed to pull over, but I didn't see any warning lights so I kept going and it went away after a minute. It seemed fine the rest of the way to work. After work I got in my car and noticed the overdrive arrow light and the engine oil light were slightly illuminated and were softly flickering (before I even put the key in the ignition). I checked the engine oil and it was fine so I started it up and there was no lights on. It seemed fine on the way home, but defiantly something strange going on. Any ideas?

I was driving to work this morning in my 87 240, it was raining and I was cruising in the hammer lane. All of a sudden I felt a sudden loss of power and there was a noticeable hum/vibration.

Can you rule out the possibility that the OD turned off and the hum/vibration was the transmission shifting to 3rd?

This is a fairly common issue. Sometimes caused by an intermittent relay or possibly rain related with a marginal harness/connection to the trans under the car.
Dave B.

Back