• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 242 LPG turbo project.

I dont like green, i do love orange lead paint !
I like how it looks a 70's drug intake gone bad and then they decided to pimp a 242

IMG_3976.JPG

Nice, rust be gone!

Also, don't lick the lead paint.

Yes even more rust prevented and coated today. I also wiggeled the injection tank back under the car again. This one came of a 245 turbo injection and i took al the lines and pump. Bolts right back in!

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_3986.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG

IMG_3989.JPG

IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

IMG_4000.JPG

@ Homer: sure come over here and there will be rivers of cola....

In other news, cleaned up the GT stuff i bought. These came from the other side of the world (AUSSIE)
Apparently they dont know rust there. To make sure it will last in The Netherlands i cleaned and painted it with anti rust and coating

IMG_4001.JPG

IMG_4003.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure if its the OEM location corrently but this seems to work.
Now just find a way to mount up the extra line and the petrol part should be done

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_4015.JPG

IMG_4017.JPG

Is that the fuel pump of a 940? I took one from a 940 at a local salvage yard (you know, near Halfweg) and it looks alike. Will need a high pressure pump for the efi conversion too.

Rear axle is back in position with the brand spanking IPD swaybar and red koni's set to tight. Still need to find the HD springs holder stuff so nothing is bolted tight yet but at least the new axle is on in position :-)

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4022.JPG

Out with the old, in with the new!

Turbo vented disks, anti-rust treated struts koni shocks and lower spring.. hmmmmmm

IMG_4031%2520-%2520Copy.JPG

IMG_4032%2520-%2520Copy.JPG

Removed the steeringrack, bought some powersteering. Also prepped the frontend with the same zink as the back, so lead paint that i cannot like later when this is dry.

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

Suspension is back on the car!

Front:
lower with red Koni set to firm and vented turbo disks and calipers

back HD springs konir red set to firm and later style axle with speed sensor

20121111_133447.jpg

Windshield is out. some welding required. most of it is surface so i'm happy i expected it to be like my 360 CUP

IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_4103.JPG

Last edited:
Back