• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MBC installed today! another boost junkie is born

ovlov760

Finally after two weeks I have a working MBC on my car. Had some trouble finding suitable hose and then the mbc touched the turbo housing and that melted some of the plastic on it :-(. Works great now though! Assuming the gauge is accurate I am running 7 or 8 psi. If my gauge is not accurate(see this post:http://forums.turbobricks.com/viewtopic.php?t=6757) then I am probably running 9 or 10psi. Either way I am very happy with the added power. Like to have a more accurate idea of what I'm running though. One other problem.... How do I avoid becoming a boost junkie? :twisted:

It's inevitable. You can fight it. You have been turned to the dark side!

lol, dude, I'm a boost junkie and haven't even bought an mbc yet. Just don't go overboard on turning up the wick and go thermal. Congratulations on the new mod, keep it up. :)

Hi Ovlov. sounds likes the installation went well! Iam currently waitng on mine to come. Should be here tomorrow.
What size vacuum hose did you use for mbc?
Tomorrow i am going to take a drive to JC Whitney to pick up a gauge pod so i can install my boost gauge. Where do you put your boost gauge? I am thinking of putting mine on top of the steering column. I was thinking about the apillar but i don't want the rice boys coming for me. :badboy:and don't want to attract theives. Did you install your boost gauge your self? I pretty much have everything to do the boost gauge installation except the pod and some vacuum hose so i can T off the stock boost gauge. What size is that vacuum hose? I see you are in IL. I'm on the north side of Chicago.

It's like a drug, literally. You'll leave it at 8, then that won't be enough so you'll bump it to 10, then that won't be enough to get your fix, so you push it to 13 and so on until you are dumping all your money into the car so you can keep turning it up. Before you know it you'll be pawning your belongings and you will be wishing you never bought that mbc! :freak:

On a serious note, congrats. :twisted:

[quote:5548f23b81]It's like a drug, literally. You'll leave it at 8, then that won't be enough so you'll bump it to 10, then that won't be enough to get your fix, so you push it to 13 and so on until you are dumping all your money into the car so you can keep turning it up.[/quote:5548f23b81]

lol, like doug.... :rofl:

nick

brickhead said:
Hi Ovlov. sounds likes the installation went well! Iam currently waitng on mine to come. Should be here tomorrow.
What size vacuum hose did you use for mbc?
Tomorrow i am going to take a drive to JC Whitney to pick up a gauge pod so i can install my boost gauge. Where do you put your boost gauge? I am thinking of putting mine on top of the steering column. I was thinking about the apillar but i don't want the rice boys coming for me. :badboy:and don't want to attract theives. Did you install your boost gauge your self? I pretty much have everything to do the boost gauge installation except the pod and some vacuum hose so i can T off the stock boost gauge. What size is that vacuum hose? I see you are in IL. I'm on the north side of Chicago.
The hose I used is 5/8 x 25. Probably too big but the previous hose I had bought was too small and I didn't want to get screwed again and have a bunch of useless hose. Did all the installing myself. My boost gauge is mounted poorly under the stereo for the moment. I plan on mounting it nicely in the same place eventually. I'll have to make something for it to mount in that fits in the dash nicely. I didn't want to do the A pillar setup because of the rice boys. As soon as they see just one gauge they would swarm around me with that terrible wet fart exhaust note.
boostgauge.jpg

hi, my name is Fedon, and i'm a boost junkie

when i got the MBC all i wanted was 12 psi........but that wasnt enough.....now, i'm pumping 15 psi and i have a bigger turbo and injectors on the way........

Yeah its tempting to turn it up even more. What would be the next reliability mod I could do? A better intercooler? I'd like to keep things as cool as possible. What are the websites of companies that make compatible intercoolers or other good cooling products for 700 series volvos?

Back