• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B5204t vs b5234t pistons

shagyy

Does anybody know if there are any differences between the pistons from a 2.0t and 2.3 t5 engine? if so, what if the differences? (97-00 Engines)

I am currently building a T6 engine with 2.5 block and 3.0 crankshaft, and I know people usually use T5 pistons, but I already have 10 2.0t pistons, so it would be great if I could use them instead.

They both are 81mm bore. Id check the piston pin to deck height on both pistons. As the 2.0 has a 77mm stroke and the 2.5 had a 90mm stroke.

I know the bore are the same. Is there anybody that can measure the distance on a t5 piston from top and down to the piston pin so i can compare it with a piston from 2.0t?

B5204T has a shorter stroke but has the same rods as a B5234 so compression height is different. You can use these pistons if you decide to use the original 6254 crank. I did my "T6" this way because I was too lazy (=poor) to get the 3l crank.

B5204T piston is flat and the B5234T piston has a bowl.

ah, i see. I guess i'll have to buy some t5 pistons then, because I already have the 3l crank ;-)

Back