• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

P1 ATF options?

gsellstr

Vintage anti-ricer
300+ Club
Getting ready to do a trans fluid flush on the V50, curious of any recommendations on fluid for the auto.

IPD has Aisin T-IV for $6.95, but it looks like Toyota also has a comparable fluid. Then there's the aftermarket world. M1 has a non-synthetic though their multi-car synthetic isn't JWS3309, Castrol's multi-car claims to be JWS3309, Amsoil may be compatible as well.

Anybody have any legit sources of info? Most of the threads I found online so far including BITOG have been from 2009-2012, though I know oil tech has changed since, certifications have changed, etc.

I was thinking Amazon for fluid but damn, RA is cheaper, good call.

Fortunately the car is mostly stock except a stage 1 tune, so ATF isn't going to be a huge deal, but it's still one of those 'while I'm in there' upgrades. lol

I did a drain and fill on my old 2000 V70R using the 3309-compatible Valvoline Maxlife synthetic and it worked fine. I think it's much more important to get the fluid level correct than it is to use a specific ATF - any of the T-IV type fluids should be OK.

BG is a little hard to find for the private sector in Cali, regardless of what chemical you are looking for. Thanks EPA...

I'm leaning towards the Aisin stuff right now.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?mfr=AISIN&parttype=11387&partnum=ATF0T4

Rockauto has fluid a bit cheaper. I found that Valvoline MaxLife lists that it's compatible with Type IV as well, but like you, couldn't really additional info.

For the wife's Mazda6, I've been pumping out 3 qts and replacing with fresh Aisin fluid every oil change. Owners manual doesn't specify an interval for a fluid change.

Walmart is the least expensive source that I've found for Valvoline MaxLife.

Back