• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis 2011 BBQ, meet and greet, and Berryessa drive, I lieu of AutoX

Yeah, got to move on for this job. It's too good to pass up and I am going to do it.

We will be back, probably in 2 years, and will do it again. By then the car should be totally done and have to remain registered in Tennessee (smog nazis), but it will be done. I will miss the Marina autocross events, I have come to like that crowd there and didn't realize that the last event you were at will be my last. I can't do the DeAnza event, the car needs to be aligned and a couple other things handled, and I don't have the time or money to invest in a car event until after the move is done.

AAA towing range, yeah, I know that feeling.

I hear ya, Eric. I'm happy for you, and glad to hear you will be back. I'm sure the time will fly, and hopefully the economy and job market will look better by then too. (hope springs eternal...) Hell, maybe my 242 will actually be running by then! :lol:

99% sure I am out of this one.

Booked the truck, saved $340 by leaving a week earlier.

I really didn't want to miss this event but $340 is basically getting the trailer rental for free. I also want to get my ass down the road as fuel prices are going up with no stop in sight. Sooner I roll, cheaper I travel.

IF plans change I will be there, but looks like this is it.

Not weak, I did WM in my 244 in the rain on the sticky tires with no heat, no defrost in a huge downpour of flooded roads, mudslides and standing water on the freeway.

Less weak will be the new motor in the car. Even less weak is that I will be driving my 244 on the weekend of Davis regardless of my attendance.

May 14th for me is NOT autocross, it's the Tail of the Dragon trip in the 244. Maybe not quite Davis but it will make up for it.

Isn't it funny how this works out?
No Davis for me this year.

We are leaving the state on the AM of the 9th, it's time to get this **** done! Next year I want to fly out for Davis, I can visit my parents for a few days and then do Davis and go home.

Chance of loaner helmets? I'll bring my old one if I have to, that way I don't care if it gets lost in transit.

Probably zero chance of loaners.

Damn, missing Duel @ DeAnza too this year, it's on the 15th May.

Oh well, Russ and Matt are down to do the Dragon for my birthday so it won't be a loss.

I'm bringing a L, will share it. Hope this happens. Missing a local event that just got rescheduled for 5/15.

Just got word from Mark. Things are still up in the air right now with the mine shaft location, though he's also working on another plan. He's set May 1st as the cutoff date. I'll keep you guys in the loop as I hear more.

Back