• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

nube to the volvo world

red740t

just introducing myself. I just purchased my first volvo, a 1991 740 turbo. I am new to volvos but not new to turbo cars or tuner cars. I got the volvo because my girl is pregnant and it was easy to disguise as an affordable safe family car. It has some holy exhaust so I will be replacing that first. If it needs to be replaced anyway then I may as well upgrade, right? I will post pics of the progress.
Also, what cars did the different cams come in? I have found the different lists with the spect and the letter designations, but I can't find anything that tells the different cars that they came in. Is the letter stamped into the cam or do I need to know the part #
volvo002.jpg

volvo001.jpg

volvo003.jpg

volvo004.jpg

the corolla is an 86 coupe with a 7agte 20 valve running megasquirt and ford edis ignition. still in the building process but I hope to get it on the dyno soon. I just got it back from the paint shop. I also have an 85 rx-7 with a 12a turbo and I have an s13 240sx with a ca18det. But none of those will pass for a family car. The volvo, on the other hand, hehehehehe.

3" exhaust 47(?)# CFI injectors, bigger turbo, WBo2, proper boost gauge is what i would do, plus HDs and an ebay IC too

well, the hachi coups are not as rare as the hatch backs but they are all hard to find in decent shape. I looked for about 6 months before I found this one.
As far as the volvo goes. I allready have some decent parts that I have packed away over the years from some othe projects. I have a 60 trim turbonetics t3/t4 turbo. I also have a nice intercooler and some aluminum plumbing and a tig welder so that won't be a problem. I also have not heard of anybody using an apex-i safc on a volvo, but I don't see why it won't work because they are just a hot wire maf. I was also trying to find out what the cc/min on the factory injectors is. I am planning on buying some injectors in the future but I only buy new injectors from fuelinjectorclinic.com , they are awsome guys and they sell injectors new for $275 a set. I am going to be doing the exhaust on friday evening. I have some 3 inch U bends and a 3 in magnaflow muffler. I will take some pictures of it when it is up on the rack. I am going to do the intercooler and turbo in the next couple of weeks. I have to modify the inlet and oulet of the intercooler to make it fit. according to my measurments the t3 turbo will bolt directly to my manifold if I machine the manifold outlet flat. I am going to experiment with the coolant temp sensor and a pressure switch to see what kind of afr #s I can pull. It is something I had a lot of luck with on an 87 grand national a few years ago.
I there an easy way to identify a locker rear end or do I just need to pull the rear cover off?
Has anybody used the intrax springs? I have found some for a pretty decent price. I also have a friend of mine that has some oz 17 inch wheels that I will be able to get cheap. I have to make it look good for the woman.
What kind of factory cams have any of you guys used to upgrade the turbo motors and had good performance from?
any help you guys have would be a great help.

Back