• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2017: Sept. 28-Oct. 1

Looks like I have to work Fri morning, so plan on me being down by 3ish.

Jared, are there any power outlets on the outside of the lodge? I was thinking about bringing my tent, but I'll need some power for my CPAP machine, otherwise my snoring will be heard miles away. I've got an an extra battery and inverter set up in my truck for that, but it would be a pain in the ass to move over to the wagon.

I know we are good on regular food, but how about desserts?

For anyone looking for weather info, here is our local go-to site:
http://www.localyokelweather.com/weather-in-cullowhee-nc.php

Last edited:
Looks like I have to work Fri morning, so plan on me being down by 3ish.

Jared, are there any power outlets on the outside of the lodge? I was thinking about bringing my tent, but I'll need some power for my CPAP machine, otherwise my snoring will be heard miles away. I've got an an extra battery and inverter set up in my truck for that, but it would be a pain in the ass to move over to the wagon.

I know we are good on regular food, but how about desserts?

For anyone looking for weather info, here is our local go-to site:
http://www.localyokelweather.com/weather-in-cullowhee-nc.php

Nice shoutout to LYW

I can't remember. I'll throw a long extension cord in the car

You just grabbed a couple of the giant packs? I'm going to duplicate your beef - also from costco.

Also bringing some hot sauces to get rid of.

Yep. hopefully it's frozen up good. It's gonna be buuussyy tonight. Patching around 300 systems, and concurrently packing/loading/etc.

at least I'll be up for patching, so I'll have plenty of time.

ran the R through the car wash and hit it with the vacuum. oil change in a few hours, then packing and patching

Lodge bound. See y'all soon.

ObP4f4Mh.jpg

all you people leaving in the middle of the night are gonna be toast tomorrow night huh? or is there a siesta in the schedule

Everybody have a great time, and be safe on the roads. I really wanted to be there this year, but there were too many deciding factors against it.

Sitting in the airport waiting for the flight home.

What a great time with great people!

More later.

166305382.jpg

The PV made it back. Not quite entirely without incident - the charging system was acting flaky at the tail end of Saturday's drive - overcharging by a bunch (17 - 18 volts). It was fine for a while on today's drive, then went back to overcharging. I just turned everything on to keep the voltage somewhat in check (16 volts m/l) and kept on driving. After a couple of hours of that, it dropped to 12.5, no charging at all. Turned everything off and watched the voltage slowly dropping down. The cute little PC680 isn't good for keeping your car running with no charging on a 10 hour trip. Before it got too low I stopped at a WalMart and got a cheap full sized battery. Then kept driving as the volts dropped down, down, down. It was still running perfectly below 8 volts, but the tachometer started reading lower and lower, I figured it was time. Pulled over, swapped batteries, and the el-cheapo was fine for the next 5 hours until I got home. Voltage on it went from 12.5 to 12.2-ish.

Not too bad for 1450-ish miles on a 54 year old car I guess?

Awesome roads, awesome scenery, awesome weather, Mountain Meet rules! Waaaay too much great food to possibly eat.

Big thanks to Jared for getting this going!

What an awesome weekend!! I seriously can't remember the last time I've had so much fun with such great people! Huge thanks to Jared for putting this together!!
Made it home safe around 8:30 last night after passing three wrecks, one of which occurred only moments ahead of me and was almost certainly fatal for at least one person. Hope everyone here made it safe and sound. If pics have been uploaded to the Facebook group, could someone post the link in here to the album or post the pics here as well for those of us who don't have FB? Thanks in advance and can't wait til next year!

Last edited:
The PV made it back.

I'm just going to point out that this car was by far the coolest thing to watch rip through the mountains. I'm fairly certain with a bolstered seat, you could have easily passed people in cars 2, 3 times as powerful? So glad you brought it, and that it made it home ok.

I'm just going to point out that this car was by far the coolest thing to watch rip through the mountains. I'm fairly certain with a bolstered seat, you could have easily passed people in cars 2, 3 times as powerful? So glad you brought it, and that it made it home ok.

Following that thing was an exhilarating experience and the sounds, noises, and smells were pure petrolhead heaven!

Hah, on the way back to the lodge Mr Bill passed me on a straight because the gassy exhaust got a bit old after a while. It gurgles and coughs and runs rich in sharp corners for some reason, related to fuel sloshing around in the float bowls.

Seems like just about every road in that area is just all corners, all the time. So much fun.

Back