• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Biggest injector size for chipped LH2.4 with 012 AMM?

Angus242164

I have a set of brand new Seimens Deka 107961 injectors, rated at 60LB/630cc/min, and I'm wondering if these will be too big to work correctly with LH2.4, with chipped ECU's and 012 AMM?

I know E85 is an option, and it is available here, but I'd prefer to stick with E10 fuels.

If they are too big, would it be worth using a 2.5 bar NA FPR with them to bring the flow down a bit?

Or would I be better off selling them, and getting something like the 440cc/min "green giants"?

The rest of the build specs are:
B230FX squirter bottom end, rebuilt.
531 head, 38mm exhaust valves and seats, mild porting.
RSI stage 2 turbo cam.
Adjustable cam gear.
Cometic MLS HG.
60/63AR T3 with ported turbine housing on machined/ported 90+ manifold.
ATP 3" V-band wastegate housing.
Full 3" exhaust from turbo to tailpipe, 2x Magnaflow mufflers, no cat.
600x300mm IC, custom IC piping.
Stock intake manifold and TB for now, may change that in future.
Fuel supply TBC, but probably a big in-tank pump and deleted external pump.

Hoping to run about 16-17psi, which should be roughly what the turbo can produce before the air starts to get too hot.

I'm planning to run the 42# Bosch green giants with a similar setup and TLAO chips. With a target of 250 hp for my DD, the online injector calculators select a 42# / 440cc size.

Historical TB record, if it can be believed, says many have run LH2.4 with the larger AMM; apparently the slower velocity thru the instrument "fools" the fueling tables, and the results are good.

Whose custom chips will you use?

I'm using those injectors in my 2ltr 240 on LH2.4 with TLOA chips.
I think the only problem is not the size but the spray pattern which is a wider angle cone than stock. On the stock inlet manifold my AFR's would wander constantly up and down from low 13's to 17's at idle. This was also with stock cam. On anything but idle the AFR's were ok. I could live with the idle but it failed our MOT emissions test here. If you don't have an emissions test you will be ok.
Tim

I also run the same 60lb injectors with a 012 maf with an ostrich moates emulator and love it. Idle afr's are between 14.2 and 15.3....in full boost with a t3/t4 they are around 11.2 to 11.8 at 26psi

I did get a custom tune to try and address issues, but those issues were car related, not chip related. Ran fine except for the knock enrichment issue, which I found out about AFTER getting the custom tunes done.

I'm planning to run the 42# Bosch green giants with a similar setup and TLAO chips. With a target of 250 hp for my DD, the online injector calculators select a 42# / 440cc size.

Historical TB record, if it can be believed, says many have run LH2.4 with the larger AMM; apparently the slower velocity thru the instrument "fools" the fueling tables, and the results are good.

Whose custom chips will you use?

It's definitely bigger than recommended, but if they'll work, I'd rather keep them and give them a try, rather than selling them to buy some 440cc injectors.

I haven't decided on chips yet, the TLAO chips seem get good reviews though.

I'm using those injectors in my 2ltr 240 on LH2.4 with TLOA chips.
I think the only problem is not the size but the spray pattern which is a wider angle cone than stock. On the stock inlet manifold my AFR's would wander constantly up and down from low 13's to 17's at idle. This was also with stock cam. On anything but idle the AFR's were ok. I could live with the idle but it failed our MOT emissions test here. If you don't have an emissions test you will be ok.
Tim

Interesting, not a deal breaker for me though as the car isn't subject to any emissions testing, and will only see a bit of weekend use, so idle quality doesn't matter too much. I wonder if the extra 300cc of my engine would reduce the tendency for that to happen.

Using #65 right now, have been for several years on both 91* and e85, with an 012. No issues at all.

Good to know it can be done!

I also run the same 60lb injectors with a 012 maf with an ostrich moates emulator and love it. Idle afr's are between 14.2 and 15.3....in full boost with a t3/t4 they are around 11.2 to 11.8 at 26psi

Excellent, sounds really good, and good results at 26psi on 25+ year old EFI hardware is impressive.

Back