• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Found a slightly better, broken, hand brake cover at the JY today for $10. This one is black vs the blue that came out. I thought about picking up a mint unit at IPD last year for $40, but had other priorities (like keeping it running).

005-M.jpg

Otherwise, spent 20 minutes making motor sounds and shifting gears until the Mrs. called me in for dinner...
That looks like an early console, some trimming on the bottom may be needed to play with the later seat belt receiver stalks.

I think it was from an '83. Took a bit of force to get the screw holes to line up.

Just trim the bottom edges a bit?

What do you guys recommend for ignition timing?

One winter I played with the tune on my C10 pick up. Played with the weights and springs in the MSD distributor and the rods and springs in the Edelbrock carb. No other changes and trimmed an honest .3 in the quarter. Pretty fun.

Almost December. Hope Santa got my parts wish list...

I think it was from an '83. Took a bit of force to get the screw holes to line up.

Just trim the bottom edges a bit?

What do you guys recommend for ignition timing?

One winter I played with the tune on my C10 pick up. Played with the weights and springs in the MSD distributor and the rods and springs in the Edelbrock carb. No other changes and trimmed an honest .3 in the quarter. Pretty fun.

Almost December. Hope Santa got my parts wish list...

:nod:

Give it a little love with the coping saw to match your later console.

Right. Love that place. Love the cars.

Hoping for Davis, IPD and The Old School Reunion.

156-M.jpg

Car ran great today. Nothing broke. Love this car. I was exiting the surface streets in second and tached it up for the entrance ramp, sways and shocks felt nice, hit third for another pull and...

Traffic. Always traffic.

:-\

A middling day at the JY. Three 240's and three 940's. No 240 fuel pump relays or wire harnesses.

I did find a 940 E-fan. The wiring was cut and the relays gone, but I took it anyway. Thoughts on using a trans oil cooler as an engine oil cooler? It looks like a nice unit. Smaller than the factory turbo oil heat exchanger. Not sure yet. Just liked the look of it. Not that my NA needs one.

Found two Saab 900's. One was a sweet 16v / turbo. Neither one had the radiator hose temp sender fitting.

Hid out under a Volvo turbo during a down pour. Had to laugh. Checked out the oil return line to the pan and the factory oil cooler set up. If I ever pull the trigger on a turbo motor, I think I'll just grab the entire thing vs going +T.

001-M.jpg

That trans cooler would probably work fine as an oil cooler. As long as you've got a thermostatic sandwich plate I don't see the harm in adding one to your n/a car. Thermostatic sandwich plate would keep oil from circulating in the cooler until X temperature so you're not over cooling the engine oil.

That trans cooler would probably work fine as an oil cooler. As long as you've got a thermostatic sandwich plate I don't see the harm in adding one to your n/a car. Thermostatic sandwich plate would keep oil from circulating in the cooler until X temperature so you're not over cooling the engine oil.

It's a cool little unit. It's about 1/2 the size of the OE turbo oil cooler. Nicely made and cheap.

Gotta do something for kicks...

So, let's see...

$5250 give or take.

Do not tell the wife...

Giving thought to pulling the motor and trans for some heavy cleaning over Christmas break. This thing is nasty and I want her to look sharp at the Davis meet.

:roll:

So, let's see...

$5250 give or take.

Do not tell the wife...

Giving thought to pulling the motor and trans for some heavy cleaning over Christmas break. This thing is nasty and I want her to look sharp at the Davis meet.

Wait for the B230FT to give it the ole yanko-vitch.

So, let's see...

$5250 give or take.

Do not tell the wife...

Bring drive up ramps to a self serve car wash and spray away

Back