• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

$8 moonroof test.....

Mad Adder

Oz. Nothin but witches and flyin monkeys.
So today was the day to get the letting for the Volvo done. Last night I took it to the car wash so I could leave it inside at the shop. I paid for the extended wash not knowing that a $5 quick wash would have let me know that the moonroof was going to leak. Not only will it not work, but it also doesnt keep water out. Add it to the upgrade list.:-P

So today was the day to get the letting for the Volvo done. Last night I took it to the car wash so I could leave it inside at the shop. I paid for the extended wash not knowing that a $5 quick wash would have let me know that the moonroof was going to leak. Not only will it not work, but it also doesnt keep water out. Add it to the upgrade list.:-P

if the roof appears to be normaly closed and its leaking
its likly that 1 or more of the drain tubes are blocked up

i'm using my PSP to post so i cant easily find the links but if you search i had a thread about just this issue 2 weeks ago

Electric or manual?

The electric ones leak horribly from all that I've heard. I've got a manual one and it seals just fine against everything I've thrown at it.

If it's electric, you may be in for some painstaking checking to make sure it's stopping properly and not pinching anything.

Or maybe it's your drain tubes, like he ^^ said.

Have fun with that.

My electric one is fine. Works better than the crank style and now other drivers don't think that I'm making obscene gestures every time I open the sunroof.....

Back