• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

8v to 16v conversion on Regina

tranmkp

Ok, I would like to do a head swap on my 93 945. I am concerned about the details. How will the Regina respond to the added air flow? Can I convert to LH? Do I do a stand alone or go full hog and get a motec and all the stuff?

How do all the accessory (PS-AV-ALT) integrate?

Might be easier to put in a LS motor?

Thanks

It'll run just fine. Ive ran a b234f+t on Regina.
16v penta motors in boats run Regina.
Edit they run Rex ignition.

Last edited:
Marine Regina?

Seriously?

The regina is just going to use its map- will it ignore the increases air flow or just take it? If I could find a complete 16v motor, would it be a direct swap/fit to the aw71 tranny?

Im ready to do this.

The 16v boats run Rex or Regina whichever one is the ignition and carbs for fuel. The boat ignition might be better for you but they are spendy on ebay. I sold the one I had cheap to a guy who put 16v boat motor in his 1800.

Yeah a complete 16v B234F from a 16v 740 or 940 car would bolt right in if you had the crossmember which is different. It will bolt right up to aw71.

A 16v boat motor would also bolt right in with same 8v stock car crossmember you have as the boats use the same b230 block as the cars. Tranny bolts up also. So boat 16v motor would be easiest, but your cars alternator bracket and power steering would be a little off as the 16v motor has a thicker crank gear then the 8v motor so it moves the damper out 4mm. YOu'd either have to adjust your accessory brackets or mod the crank pulley. I modded an aftermarket aluminum crank pulley milled it down 4mm so the normal car accessory brackets would work. Also used a steel crank gear with a real key..

Your easiest option is buy a 89 to 92 740GLE or 940GLE stock 16v b234F car. Has 16v already..

Last edited:
Are you SURE about that? Maybe the ignition. Never seen a fuel injected penta redblock
Yes im sure. I never said it was fuel injected.
Seriously?

The regina is just going to use its map- will it ignore the increases air flow or just take it? If I could find a complete 16v motor, would it be a direct swap/fit to the aw71 tranny?

Im ready to do this.
The 16v boats run Rex or Regina whichever one is the ignition and carbs for fuel. The boat ignition might be better for you but they are spendy on ebay. I sold the one I had cheap to a guy who put 16v boat motor in his 1800.

Yeah a complete 16v B234F from a 16v 740 or 940 car would bolt right in if you had the crossmember which is different. It will bolt right up to aw71.

A 16v boat motor would also bolt right in with same 8v stock car crossmember you have as the boats use the same b230 block as the cars. Tranny bolts up also. So boat 16v motor would be easiest, but your cars alternator bracket and power steering would be a little off as the 16v motor has a thicker crank gear then the 8v motor so it moves the damper out 4mm. YOu'd either have to adjust your accessory brackets or mod the crank pulley. I modded an aftermarket aluminum crank pulley milled it down 4mm so the normal car accessory brackets would work. Also used a steel crank gear with a real key..

Your easiest option is buy a 89 to 92 740GLE or 940GLE stock 16v b234F car. Has 16v already..
Good information. Thank you.

Last edited:
Got them mixed. Big deal.

Well when the OP asks how he's going to meter air with Regina and you say there's a 16v boat motor with Regina, what's he going to go search for?

This forum is for information; not misinformation. If you want to bull**** and lead him down the wrong path, get on the Facebook Turbobricks group.

Even now your initial edit says they run rex igniton, but it *still * claims to run Regina.

#getoffmylawn

Jaysus.

So what's the benefit/point of sticking to a rex/regina setup on an engine you go through the trouble of adding a serious cylinder head to?

there is none. However, regina relies heavily on the o2 sensor feedback and reacts a lot faster than LH does (at least when I briefly fooled with it it did), so a wideband with the NB out attached to the ecu would handle the fuel side. The ignition side, if you could get a boat ignition box *may* be better, but it may not.

If one is going to go to the trouble to do all of that, one really should consider something non-oem for management.

^^Is the output of the o2 the same on Regina? I was under the impression it used a variable resistance weird thing.

I think it takes a normal 0-1v narrowband signal, but the sensor itself was a little different

Well when the OP asks how he's going to meter air with Regina and you say there's a 16v boat motor with Regina, what's he going to go search for?

This forum is for information; not misinformation. If you want to bull**** and lead him down the wrong path, get on the Facebook Turbobricks group.

Even now your initial edit says they run rex igniton, but it *still * claims to run Regina.

#getoffmylawn
Thats why it says edit. If I miss led him with information, my fault. But ive ran big turbo's on 16v Regina with success using AEM, Greddy, Apexi piggy back systems. Which I won't share how I did it because it may send someone in the wrong direction. Ive made more HP on Regina then LH.
But who cares.
#This is my law b?Tch, ill sh!t on, piss on it all I like.

If you're using brand name piggy back systems that run hundreds of dollars new, did you really make that power on regina?

Does anyone know what's needed to do a 16v head on 8v block swap? Is the only difference the timing belt length and possibly head gasket?

Back