• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

WNC Spring Meet, April 7-9 (Because MountainMeet is still a long ways off)

Out.
Every Volvo except the v50 is broken. And the v50 needs new summer tires.

Life goes by too quickly.

That it does.

Andrew and Kyle are heading down, Chris Presby is coming I think, maybe Carlos/Carson, and others. JD will make an appearance.

940Guy and Itsmackeever might be around. It's Wookies weekend at the gap, so I think they're staying with that crew at Fontana.

A few of my other friends will probably be in and out too. Not sure how big of a VCOA/Vintage Volvo contingent is going to show up at Dave's shop that I'm not aware of.

Last edited:
For those who are still showing up, don't forget to pack appropriately. It's gonna get down to the low 30s/upper 20s both nights.

Don't forget to bring a few bucks cash to split up the cost of the campsite, and bring a bit of firewood if you feel like it.

I'm gonna try and get to the campsite early afternoon on Friday.

Oh, and if you want beer, better pack it in. Graham County is dry. The closest beer stop is Bryson City. You can technically buy booze at Fontana, but don't count on it. They've got weird hours at their little convenience store.

Looks like I missed you guys by only a couple hours. My bachelor party was over in Mineral Bluff, GA. We ended up driving the dragon and the skyway and every other ride in between.

Glad you still had people show up. It was a beautiful weekend.

I ended up taking my dad's ashes to Summit Point Raceway in WV, and Big Meadows Camping on Skyline Drive (did the whole length of it while talking bout dem NC roads). Also picked up hitch-hikers who destroyed a tent and had to reconsider that whole Appalachian Trail thing.
Tried to spread some ashes at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel where his Carrier left from in the 50s, but we hit traffic and had to roll up the coast.
Left at 6:30am, got home just before midnight.

Back