• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Emil's Volvo 740 track car

Very nice! What is the problem with the B234 block exactly?

As for the pistons, how thick are the crowns? It might be possible to machine a dish into them if they are thick enough.

I bought them on ebay, I got 2 set for front. One set slotted and one drilled :)

Have you use this rotors before?
Yes. I had them on my V70T5 for years. Replacement discs aren't easy to come by these days. KVR may still have them, but they're stupid expensive. Brembo or others BBK makers may be able to help in that regard. Nice rotors though.:)

It's from LMR in sweden
http://www.l-m-r.se/p/volvo/240///styrstangsutvaxling-21-kit.html

I think it's just a universal exchanger with 36 x 3/4" in and out, the kit also contains weld on joints.

Almost complete installed :)
IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Don't build a Senna steering!!!
This is NOT a good place to mount the 2:1 steering exchange!!!!!

You have to build a bracket to connect the Housing of the 2:1 steering exchange with the body of car. Otherwise it wont work. The torque is amazing, espacially on Track with Toyo 888. Don't do it. You should fix it inside of the car in the steering column. Here is a good place to fix the black housing of the 2:1 too.

Lovely inlet manifold, would like to have a closer look (into).

regards Kay

Yes. I had them on my V70T5 for years. Replacement discs aren't easy to come by these days. KVR may still have them, but they're stupid expensive. Brembo or others BBK makers may be able to help in that regard. Nice rotors though.:)
Anyway; they cost me just a little more than stock S60R discs, so I don't care if I don't find new discs for the rotors when that time come :)

Don't build a Senna steering!!!
This is NOT a good place to mount the 2:1 steering exchange!!!!!

You have to build a bracket to connect the Housing of the 2:1 steering exchange with the body of car. Otherwise it wont work. The torque is amazing, espacially on Track with Toyo 888. Don't do it. You should fix it inside of the car in the steering column. Here is a good place to fix the black housing of the 2:1 too.

Lovely inlet manifold, would like to have a closer look (into).

regards Kay
My idea was to weld a thick plate to the side member(is it right word?) for fastning of the exchanger, don't you think it will work?
I know it's alot of tourque around this steering exchanger, I was a little worried about weld the joint to the steering rack like i did. It can get very bad if the welding release when having 200km/t at the track and losing the steering.

Hello again, sorry I don't know your name, for this reason a anonymous hello.:roll:

No, It is not and will never be a good place for the steering exchange.
Next problem, read this article carefully please: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_joint
You will have a problem with no linear connection between steering wheel and steering box.

You should fix the steering exchange inside of car. Straight inline in steering shaft.

Welding joint: I prefer to drill a hole from each side of the connector and a little bit into steering shaft. 10mm Diameter. Additionally your welding. Then weld it, even if the other welding will crack, this points (one from each side) will fix it. I think the shaft from steering column is square. In this case it is very easy and safe if you drill an the straight side.

Regards, Kay

Back