• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T-5 prop shaft alignment

BeaverMeat

Got the car up on the hoist to see what was causing drivetrain vibration. It appears the drive line isn't straight. Essentially it's an upside down V shape.

From the back of the T-5 it goes upward slightly to the center support.

Do I just shim the mount to raise the rear of the transmission so the prop shaft is straight?

Here’s a crappy picture

50353653191_5529bc84c9_c.jpg

The engine transmission should be parallel with the differential. If you have an iphone with a degree function, find a flat spot on the pinion and transmission and they should read the same angle.

The engine transmission should be parallel with the differential. If you have an iphone with a degree function, find a flat spot on the pinion and transmission and they should read the same angle.

Are you sure?

It's a two-piece and I'm under the impression the first two yokes should be on the same plane.

It goes upward slightly from the transmission to the center support. Approximately ~1/4" lower at the Transmission. It should be straight, should it not?

I just got a new mount... the original is most likely toast.

Back