• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Stepped flywheel depth measurement

940 16 valve

Hi crew

Trying to get a lh2.4 stepped flywheel machined, and I can't for the life of me find a figure for what the stock step should be. I've searched greenbooks, even called volvo; the service advisor told me they don't list a spec, because Volvo suggests replacing the flywheel when it comes time.
I found 25mm mentioned on one forum post, and mine is currently just a bit less than this. My clutch was slipping however, complicated by the fact that it wasn't milled flat when I had it done recently. Not sure that I want to take it to 25mm based on anecdotal numbers.
Does anyone have a source, or a stepped flywheel that they can measure the step on to give me more data.

Thanks!

24-25mm.

I had one cut to 24mm and it worked well, but RWC says that the spec is 25.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=292186

But that spec is for discs done to the Euro standard thickness.

In Merikuh, everybody uses thicker friction material...

Thus the step must be deeper to compensate..

Hey Oh Pee!
Carve the whole step part off and then bang in a new boltcircle for something intended to work on a flat flaywheel... Like Saab 900 215/228 or Sasasb 9000 2.3 16v T

finally found an answer to this, so I thought I would update the thread.

I found a listing though my machinist, it says -.970 thou, which works out to 24.84mm, which looks to be consistent with what my flywheel measured out to. Hope this is helpful to someone in the future.

Back