• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B204GT pistons??

Other than what came with the engine in the first place, everything else isn't going to be original. All the big name brands can make you a piston, but through a post I started earlier, it seems if you don't use any changes in cams or timing, then the valves should clear with some stock pistons with the same compression height.

If you had your block bored, you can use other pistons, mostly GM pistons that are in the 96mm - 96.5mm ish range, but you'll have to open the small end on the con rod to a chevy pin size (.927)

I'm currently going through this same process which is proving to be difficult since every part of my engine is basically shot and needing replacement parts. It would be in your best interest to use GM pistons since forged ones off the shelf are considerably cheaper than a piston custom made for our engines. Having a machinist open up the con rod is a very straight forward process.

I tried buying original volvo ones. They don't have them anymore, except one size, but they where so rare that volvo (here in belgium) asked about 600 euro/piston, and they had to come from sweden...

Don't go from 88.9 to 96...

Wiseco will definitely make pistons for this engine as will other piston manufacturers.

Last edited:
It is not possible to bore the B200 block to 96mm as you will break through the cylinder walls.

Custom pistons is the only way or adjust normal B200 pistons

Jesus my bad. Forgot about the smaller engine. Regardless, you might be able to find similar pistons you can use. You just gotta look for them.

You could try boring it to 96,00 ;-)

Back