• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Need submersible fuel line

iHateVolvoPeople

Folks I need some 5/16"ID 'submersible' fuel line. I put submersible in single quotes because it only needs to last maybe a year or 2. This is an ultra low budget thing that is stopping the vehicle from being scrapped. I need about a 3 or 4 foot section of it.

Any leads as to what I could use? Owners are not paying some $16 a foot otherwise it's just going to the JY. I'm pretty sure heater hose will NOT work. TIA

We used to use high pressure fuel injection hose as submersible hose and although we haven't had any failures of any of the previously installed hoses, we recently started using only the Volvo submersible hose as a precaution.

So I can't see why you couldn't use the same FI hose especially if you are going to change it in a couple of years.

High pressure fuel injection hose is only about $2.00 or $3.00 per foot.

We used to use high pressure fuel injection hose as submersible hose and although we haven't had any failures of any of the previously installed hoses, we recently started using only the Volvo submersible hose as a precaution.

So I can't see why you couldn't use the same FI hose especially if you are going to change it in a couple of years.

Beautiful. Thank you very much.

Bad advise. 30R9 hose are not made to be submersible. Use 30R10 hose or other specs that are made to be submersible only. Last I know, Volvo dealership sells it by one meter.

IMG_6641.JPG

IMG_6645.JPG

Last edited:
You could probably take an old bicycle inner tube and with some hose clamps use that as a 'temporary' fix. It holds at least 40 psi on your paper route, so it would probably work for a low-pressure "application" like yours.

You could probably take an old bicycle inner tube and with some hose clamps use that as a 'temporary' fix. It holds at least 40 psi on your paper route, so it would probably work for a low-pressure "application" like yours.

False. The tire holds in 40 psi, and the inner tube just seals inside the tire. Ever tried to inflate an inner tube while not in a tire? They get huge, and then pop.

Get a foot of the proper submersible hose for connections and use some of the black plastic fuel line for the rest. :e-shrug:

if 16 dollars will put this car in the grave i shudder at the thought of sharing the road with it.... that being said any f.i. house will work for a few months

Actually to be honest it’s a Chrysler Pacifica 07 with the 4.0. They had an engines for life hung going on and my in laws son launched the motor. It had a BRAND NEW 4.0 installed then the stupid Chrysler shifter thing broke, and it sat for 5 years. Needless to say the gas tank innards were crap.

If you're insistent on dividing by zero 7-9 style just crush it now, otherwise take a look at the total cost and use value equation, and ask them if it pencils out for them.

:e-shrug:

If you're insistent on dividing by zero 7-9 style just crush it now, otherwise take a look at the total cost and use value equation, and ask them if it pencils out for them.

:e-shrug:

I really just need something local. Have never been able to find SAE30R10 hose in anything longer than 18?. Plan is to call some speed shops tomorrow morning and if no one has any I?ll just have to settle for the R9:e-shrug:

Yeah that’s the pesseneger side of the tank. That’s not even a pump as far as I know. That side is fine just need the line. I ordered the driver side which is the pump and filter.

Back