• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo Newb Question

tylerepple2014

I just got my first Volvo about a week ago and it used to be turbo, but the turbo went out so the PO just took the cold side off and capped it off. I have a new turbo but I can't find either the oil feed or return. I found one on the side of the block but I don't know which it is and I don't know where the other is at. It's a 1983 volvo 240 DL with a b21 running k-jet. Does anyone know where the stock feed and return lines are on these? Thanks for any help and I can get a pic of the feed/drain I did find if it helps

The oil drain is a big hole about halfway along the block just barely above the oil pan. The oil feed is a little further back along the side of the block about halfway up the block in the area of the heater coolant return pipe. Follow the pipe that goes into the water pump and move along the side of the block till you see it. This is under the manifold so it would be hard to see. You'll probably see a plug in it since they weren't using the turbo.

A turbo model is not a DL. It is a GLT trim level car. The engine designation is B21FT. Of course these cars are so old now who knows what someone did to your car. Hope that helps.

Back