• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1987 volvo 240dl rocker panel fix?

If you can get them for $29 they are worth every penny. They probably won't be as thick as the original metal, but better than rust. You can attach them to the car in any which way you would like. I've seen screws, rivits, glue, zip-ties, bondo, expanding foam, and even the odd weld holding them on. It all depends on your skill level, and what tools you have access to. If you cut the old panel off, prepare to replace more than just the outer rocker panel.

I'm fine with covering it up, figure it'll look cleaner, and i planned on riveting them on and bombing them with undercoat spray, figure it'll look nicer than bare, primer, or having to paint the whole car, i'm just trying to see id anyone has used this method before and what the visual wuality comes out to and if its worth it

If you can get them for $29 they are worth every penny. They probably won't be as thick as the original metal, but better than rust. You can attach them to the car in any which way you would like. I've seen screws, rivits, glue, zip-ties, bondo, expanding foam, and even the odd weld holding them on. It all depends on your skill level, and what tools you have access to. If you cut the old panel off, prepare to replace more than just the outer rocker panel.

:nod:

A couple wads of chewing gum should suffice.

:-D

These are probably made by mill supply. Their stuff is useful but never as good as original. Klokkerholm makes panels for repair and they are good but no one in the us carries their stuff. I had to order overseas with Scandix to get their stuff.

Back