• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Stainless steel braided power steering lines

ogamer777

New North Winchestersonville (PNW 425 gang)
Anyone ever make some stainless steel braided lines for the power steering lines? I forgot to measure the oem lines I had before tossing them so I wanna make sure I make the lines long enough. Will be used for a 91-93 pump with a ZF rack if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Yeah-I has custom lines made by a local hydraulic shop for the V8 swap. They even put a swivel in the high side, which made it easier to attach. Not braided , though. They did do my braided fuel line ends-pressed the fittings on in like two minutes- not a fun job for me.

Made mine with Aeroquip lines and fittings, My V8 car uses the GM pump, found a fitting that goes on the rack,s pressure side,Metric to AN.

Guys, care to link what hoses and fittings you used? I'm on their site, and see a few different types of hoses to choose from. As for adapters, I don't see the metric to AN.

https://pitstopusa.com/i-5066147-ae...d-size-female-90-power-steering-hose-end.html

Hose
Description
High Pressure Hose (Power Steering-FBG) - This high pressure hose is ideal for power steering, hydraulics, air fuel and lubricating applications. Manufactured by Eaton using patented AQP? inner tube, offers 300? temperature rating and unsurpassed fluid compatibility. Use with Aeroquip's steel reusable fittings.
Pit Stop USA offers Aeroquip -06 AQP? High Pressure Power Steering Hose Hose - 15 Feet - Blue FCG0615 at low everyday prices. Be sure to check out all of our products from Aeroquip including Aeroquip AQP High Pressure Power Steering Hose and Aeroquip Power Steering Hose.
F143938234.jpg

Fittings
http://www.hydraulichoses.com/Produ...8wHI5McytahMIsxTZMnMRh-PleE-_iSxoC75kQAvD_BwE

9068-06-14 9068-06-14 - 3/8" Male JIC x M14x1.5 Male Metric - Steel Hydraulic Adapters $5.39

9068-06-16 9068-06-16 - 3/8" Male JIC x M16x1.5 Male Metric - Steel Hydraulic Adapters $5.41

9068-2T.jpg

Since the rack I was plumbing is not available in USA I wanted it to last so I plumbed in a GM injection fuel filter and a 740/940 turbo aux. trans oil cooler in on return circuit.
That looks like this:
DSCN7768.jpg

Thanks for your input fellas.

This is my first venture into replacing the steering rack or any of its components. I understand the jist of how they work.

So for plumbing, I will need 2 lines, a high pressure and a low pressure. A total of 4 fittings, not sure which size is for which, I'm guessing m16 is high pressure and m14 is low pressure?

So 2 screw in fittings into the rack, instead of the normal banjo bolts, and 2 screw in fittings at the pump/reservoir?

Again this is a ZF rack.

Thanks again for your guys' input.

Thanks for your input fellas.

This is my first venture into replacing the steering rack or any of its components. I understand the jist of how they work.

So for plumbing, I will need 2 lines, a high pressure and a low pressure. A total of 4 fittings, not sure which size is for which, I'm guessing m16 is high pressure and m14 is low pressure?

So 2 screw in fittings into the rack, instead of the normal banjo bolts, and 2 screw in fittings at the pump/reservoir?

Again this is a ZF rack.

Thanks again for your guys' input.

Now, I've answered your questions, here comes the inevitable: why?

I said why I did my hoses, why are you doing this?

My napa in scappoose makes any hydro line you might need crazy stuff like 20,oOO pSi and sheet. But this napa isn't like any other napa I've learned to know. Good luck.

Here's wut you do if you don't know wut you doing, you take **** hoses off and take to napa, they make good hoses.

Do it or shut up.. We don't make hosers on turdbrodicks, you go find hose maker, take **** hoses to her, have her make yur hose that you can't make..

If your next post isn't I got new hose works great, then you banned for life!

Ohh wait, you need me to hose that for you so you can take a leak?

Did you need me to measure that for you? I can tell from here that ain't 6 inches..

Last edited:
Well after having the ZF rebuilt, it looks so fresh and so clean. I had the teardrop pump/reservoir and am swapping to 91-93 style. I wanna make the engine bay look nice and leaky power steering components do not help that. I also just want to be able to move the lines and keep them out of the general view. I want this car to be nice and look halfway decent. Plus, I just wanna have these lines made because I want to :)

Now, I've answered your questions, here comes the inevitable: why?

I said why I did my hoses, why are you doing this?

Hell yeah

My napa in scappoose makes any hydro line you might need crazy stuff like 20,oOO pSi and sheet. But this napa isn't like any other napa I've learned to know. Good luck.

Here's wut you do if you don't know wut you doing, you take **** hoses off and take to napa, they make good hoses.

Do it or shut up.. We don't make hosers on turdbrodicks, you go find hose maker, take **** hoses to her, have her make yur hose that you can't make..

If your next post isn't I got new hose works great, then you banned for life!

Ohh wait, you need me to hose that for you so you can take a leak?

Did you need me to measure that for you? I can tell from here that ain't 6 inches..

Why did I do Mine? They match the other Aeroquip lines that I run to the remote oil filter and oil cooler, also have a P/S cooler, etc ,just to make everything match.

:doh:

Buy a stock line at the junkyard for $10 so you're not wearing holes in everything with that braided crap?

Come on man this is TB not Pebble Beach.

If the lines are routed properly, and secure they will not wear out anything.If they are draped all over the place that's a problem

Back