• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Not bad, for a Ford 2.3 header..

Lynn780

Cut the ford flange off, Do some minor tweaking. then weld the new flange from Josh..
Easy. and only payed 12 bucks for the header!

031-3.jpg

032.jpg

033-1.jpg

it *looks* like it will clear the firewall. i'll probably end up welding on some better (read: noncrushed) ends that well better sit to the flange.

What model of car was that header for, a mustang? How much tweaking did you have to do? I thought about doing this and it seems to work pretty damn nice!
I know the ford guys do the B234 head conversion but do they do the 8V head too, and if so what do they use for a header?

Last edited:
What model of car was that header for, a mustang? How much tweaking did you have to do? I thought about doing this and it seems to work pretty damn nice!
I know the ford guys do the B234 head conversion but do they do the 8V head too, and if so what do they use for a header?

So far I have done no mods to the header other then cut the old flanges off. I'm having Brett weld it up for me.
But I know for a fact the spacing between the runners will have to be spread out some but not much.
I was Am very pleased how well it fits in the engine bay. And Obviously a o2 bung will have to be welded on as well.
the header was originally for a Ford pinto.

the turbo manifolds for the 8v ford work on a 16v with reflanging to. no clue if its fits a volvo chassie at all but we did it on my friend b234+lima block merkur

Give us a undercar view of where the collector winds up at, & at what angle the ex. pipe must have to meet it

Word, so, Pretty much what I am thinkin is hack it off, get the furthest back runner tacked up, then fit 3, 2, and 1 accordingly.

You might have to repaint it a little when I am done.. hehe

nvm it's cut already lol..

Last edited:
Back