• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What compounds do you use?

All chemical guys stuff
20170225_180352_zpsga5evq4d.jpg

20170225_180225_zpsugawlid5.jpg

same as some of the $$ detailing products.
never had any paint issues
If you are using products with harsh chemicals and solvents, its the wrong products. You can listen, maybe do some of your own fact checking or just keep using that crap. I don't care, I'm just telling you they aren't good for your paint.

Paint is in good shape , just lost the luster it once had
I've got a basic polisher and a yellow pad , black pad and a wool pad

I don't need heavy cutting,some water stains and light scuffs
Cars are black 1980 262 and a white 82 740

I'd use some of that swirl remover then and invest in a white pad to get some cut but so much as a yellow, that's supposed to be only for the bad cases.

I've been using the old style swirl remover but I'm curious about the newer micro-abrasive M205.

First time I did my 760 I used a cheap ass 6" orbital Ryobi from Home Depot that I converted to use real pads by sticking industrial grade velcro on it. I got this idea from an article in Hot Rod Magazine and it worked surprisingly well... though those things are NOT meant for that kind of duty cycle and it started to smell like an electrical fire towards the end of the process.

If you are using products with harsh chemicals and solvents, its the wrong products. You can listen, maybe do some of your own fact checking or just keep using that crap. I don't care, I'm just telling you they aren't good for your paint.

here is facts.
Nu Finish was rated #2 out of 12 liquid waxes reviewed in the latest (i.e. November 2011) Consumer Reports.

In the liquid wax category...

1) Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
2) Nu Finish
3) Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax
4) 3M One Step Cleaner Wax
5) Meguiar's Cleaner Wax
6) Mothers California Gold Carnauba Cleaner Wax
7) Auto Glym Super Resin Polish
8) Mothers FX Engineered SynWax
9) Zymol Cleaner Wax
10) Turtle Wax Carnauba Cleaner Wax
11) Eagle One Gel Wax with Carnauba
12) Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Polish

#'s 1, 3, 4, and 7 were Recommended. #'s 2, 5, and 6 were Best Buys.

When it came to the Durability criteria, only one was considered Very Good... Nu Finish.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2419519

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3142872/all/NuFinish_-_what_am_I_missing_o

Last edited:
:rofl: :roll:

They would all have different responses based on location, condition of the vehicle paint and techniques applied. Bottom line: Use what works for your vehicle and knowledge of paint maintenance.

So your rebuttal is what looks to be a paid advertisement of a guy waxing his car in a car port with gobs of left over compound in the body seams/cracks and wax all over the window rubbers and emblems? :lol:

I'm done here. :roll:

same as the link you posted. i clearly posted 2 links with pics the 1st time from many people that have used this product with no issues. saying that it don't work is clearly misleading.

gobs everywhere lol

Last edited:
same as the link you posted. i clearly posted 2 links with pics the 1st time from many people that have used this product with no issues. saying that it don't work is clearly misleading.
I said it's BAD for your paint. Using chemicals and solvents on your paint is not good for it.

Armor-All makes your dash shiny too, doesn't mean it's good for it. In fact it's really bad for it.

You don't seem to get that principle for some reason. Seems like you are taking it personally like you created NuFinish or something. :e-shrug:

Back