home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications > aftermarket engine management

Old 08-16-2017, 06:23 AM   #2126
Brickinthewall

Thanks
I will try that on my way home from work this afternoon...
The funny thin is that I tried to upload several different 219 bins(supposed to be)
One of them showed 30 degrees ignition at idle rpms and the other 15 degrees.
After upload went through theres no respond in the sound of the engine at idle.
When I a couple of years ago used a aftermarket system and did similar things the engine noise changed with the ignition retardation changing of the parameters.
But I will try once again on my way home...
I have a setup were 1C50(I believe).. 3... 5... 7... is in different folders, on top of that there is 2 other folders(edit and calculated that I ve created).
I found (I believe) that 2 hexadresses backwards I can adjust the scaling of the "editable map" ("calculated map" rev range is changed in tunerpro and not linked).

Dont know if it is workin in reality or if I just rearrange the graphical view...
In the fuel maps you will find a similar pattern of 2 adresses backwards were a 1*16 table exist. And by changing bytes in that table the RPM scale gets extended towards higher RPMs... Done the same in the load table 1-128 to 4-244 and then I didnt reach the end of load map while revving at standstill... Since that was working graphically I continued in the same manner in the other tables...

I have no clue but it is fun says the idiot(me)
Brickinthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #2127
Raimis760t
Board Member

hello, can someone give me advice. My 740 setup is B230F + T, 13T 7cm, 350cc injectors, 016amm, 3" dp/exhaust, 984lh /148ezk, with 967bin. Dyno'ed at 0.85bar / 197hp/335nm
Question: That value set to Torq signal to ezk adjuster for my NA + T ??
89" VOLVO 760, B230FT, 16T, big IC, 3" dp and exhaust, 044 fuel pump, custom manifold Up pipe, KL-Racing T2 Cam and Cam gear, DET3 piggy, FPR, Bov, custom intake from turbo to manifold, hidraulic hand brake, welded diff, stripped interior, and.... 268HP 382NM
Raimis760t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #2128
esmth
dirty swede

Default Ebay eprom programmers

I want to be able to create a chip so I don't need the ostrich always in my passenger footwell. and I can tweak ezk tables with my edited fuel tables.

What cheap eprom programmers do you use? I'm looking at this one but I'm worried about the driver situation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KEE-Wil...0AAOSwdU1W8qF4

I have a computer with a parallel port and I'd like to use that
Old 01-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #2129
Sjeng
Board Member

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/V6-0...ceBeautifyAB=0

USB port(you don't have that?), very straightforward operation.
Sjeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #2130
SoapNh20

I need a little help. 1991 940 turbo do88 silicone hoses, 15g turbo V70r injectors(not installed yet) lh 2.4 ecu#563. I just got ostrich 2.0 and tuner pro. I'm having trouble finding a bin to match my ecu. Ive tried the bin from ipdown.net (great site) and its not working(maybe its me). when I unzip the file it isn't a .bin file so it wont work with the .xdf it comes with. Both .bin files for a #560 ecu from tunerpro.net and ipdown.net were able to start the car but it could barely idle.

Is there another source for .bin/.xdf files?
Is there another ecu .bin that could start the car? I tried a bunch and the fuel pump wouldn't prime.
Could I get another ecu and .bin file to match that ecu? I found 93 940T at the upull. Not sure if another ecu would be compatible with my car. Still in the process of searching and reading. I know this is where to find the gurus. thanks in advance
SoapNh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:03 AM   #2131
mrjaybeeze
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapNh20 View Post
I need a little help. 1991 940 turbo do88 silicone hoses, 15g turbo V70r injectors(not installed yet) lh 2.4 ecu#563. I just got ostrich 2.0 and tuner pro. I'm having trouble finding a bin to match my ecu. Ive tried the bin from ipdown.net (great site) and its not working(maybe its me). when I unzip the file it isn't a .bin file so it wont work with the .xdf it comes with. Both .bin files for a #560 ecu from tunerpro.net and ipdown.net were able to start the car but it could barely idle.

Is there another source for .bin/.xdf files?
Is there another ecu .bin that could start the car? I tried a bunch and the fuel pump wouldn't prime.
Could I get another ecu and .bin file to match that ecu? I found 93 940T at the upull. Not sure if another ecu would be compatible with my car. Still in the process of searching and reading. I know this is where to find the gurus. thanks in advance

Hi

Please remember that this ECU is first generation and amongst the oldest out there.

The XDF and BIN file should work OK on your ECU, just remember to UNZIP the Bin file before attempting to use it.

YS
Jaybee
just send me a message
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:45 PM   #2132
SoapNh20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
Hi

Please remember that this ECU is first generation and amongst the oldest out there.

The XDF and BIN file should work OK on your ECU, just remember to UNZIP the Bin file before attempting to use it.

YS
Jaybee
Unzipping the .bin file is where I run into the issue. The file did not end in .zip, it came up as a text document. It would not unzip. The rest of the files I tried ended in .zip, unzipped no issue and were able to be viewed and loaded to ostrich from tuner pro. I will try again and again.

Would there be any gain in purchasing a newer ECU? Thanks for your help
Old 01-16-2018, 04:12 AM   #2133
mrjaybeeze
Board Member

Default hi

That seems weird...
I do use 7zip to open it and no issues whatsoever since 7z does not care what file extension it has.
You could try that or mail me at my username @hotmail.com and I can send you the unzipped version.

YS
Jaybee
mrjaybeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #2134
esmth
dirty swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjeng View Post
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/V6-0...ceBeautifyAB=0

USB port(you don't have that?), very straightforward operation.
i'm all for aliexpress but 1 month to 40 days shipping estimate is horrid. I actually ordered the one i linked to on ebay. i'll update if it ends up not working
esmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:36 AM   #2135
SoapNh20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjaybeeze View Post
That seems weird...
I do use 7zip to open it and no issues whatsoever since 7z does not care what file extension it has.
You could try that or mail me at my username @hotmail.com and I can send you the unzipped version.

YS
Jaybee
7zip got it working. I was using winzip and it was not working for that particular bin for whatever reason. Thanks

Last edited by SoapNh20; 01-19-2018 at 12:55 AM..
Old 01-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #2136
MadDog_945
Våga Vägra 8V

hi, jetronic.info is a white page

i need a EZK 219 xdf and a bin to test if maybe something else is defective.. car wont start.

Does somebody have it and could mail me the files?
MadDog_945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #2137
esmth
dirty swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog_945 View Post
hi, jetronic.info is a white page

i need a EZK 219 xdf and a bin to test if maybe something else is defective.. car wont start.

Does somebody have it and could mail me the files?
http://www.ipdown.net/jetronic.info/...p?galleryId=12

The files are here

Last edited by esmth; 01-24-2018 at 10:01 AM..
Old 01-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #2138
esmth
dirty swede

Is there a way to patch out/disable EGR in my 207 EZK, or should I just flash the 148 ezk bin to my 207?

I want to get rid of the damn check engine light
Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 AM   #2139
esmth
dirty swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmth View Post
Is there a way to patch out/disable EGR in my 207 EZK, or should I just flash the 148 ezk bin to my 207?

I want to get rid of the damn check engine light
either RIP thread or no one likes me

I just put a 148 turbo ezk bin on my new 146 ezk and it runs mint. I'm holding off on the 207 for now.

I started dumping all the bins of the ecus/ezks I've obtained over time. All of them have the same md5 as the ones uploaded by others... except for my 951 fuel ecu. I know it was mentioned it was an odd one as it was a 240 ecu with stripped down components but mine has slightly different post-crank enrichment tables than the one provided on ipdown/jetronic wiki pages.

When the 951 is flashed to a 954 bin it won't start my car nor will the fuel pumps prime. Others in this thread say it should work but ill have a CEL. I'm going to try a 950 bin on it tonight.

edit: 950 didn't work. it only works with the original bin or the public 951 bin.

Last edited by esmth; 01-26-2018 at 11:03 PM..
Old 03-07-2018, 12:37 AM   #2140
TheHappySwede

Default Help!

Hi there,

I'm currently rebuilding my 1990 740T (B230ft) and as things tend to do, it has become a lot more involved than expected. One of which is the fact that the turbo appears to be too far gone to be rebuild-able. As you may know, the TD04-13C turbos are hard to source and are expensive. I remember a few years ago seeing an ECU upgrade for turbo red-blocks on IPD's website and was looking for it as I've now come across your posts here on turbobricks. If possible, I'd like to modestly upgrade my turbo but know that I may not be able to be successful with my stock LH 2.4 system. I am quite familiar with tuning standalone ecus as I've been playing with my turbo charged Miata for many years. My Volvo is my daily driver, so I don't want it to be too crazy but am very interested in what you have to offer. I just got my stock injectors flow-matched so hopefully I can stay with them. Your post has blown-up to 80+ pages now so it isn't feasible to sift through it all to figure out if you can for sure help me or not. Please let me know your opinion as to where to go from here.

Thank you SO much!
TheHappySwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:42 PM   #2141
esmth
dirty swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappySwede View Post
Hi there,

I'm currently rebuilding my 1990 740T (B230ft) and as things tend to do, it has become a lot more involved than expected. One of which is the fact that the turbo appears to be too far gone to be rebuild-able. As you may know, the TD04-13C turbos are hard to source and are expensive. I remember a few years ago seeing an ECU upgrade for turbo red-blocks on IPD's website and was looking for it as I've now come across your posts here on turbobricks. If possible, I'd like to modestly upgrade my turbo but know that I may not be able to be successful with my stock LH 2.4 system. I am quite familiar with tuning standalone ecus as I've been playing with my turbo charged Miata for many years. My Volvo is my daily driver, so I don't want it to be too crazy but am very interested in what you have to offer. I just got my stock injectors flow-matched so hopefully I can stay with them. Your post has blown-up to 80+ pages now so it isn't feasible to sift through it all to figure out if you can for sure help me or not. Please let me know your opinion as to where to go from here.

Thank you SO much!
What planet are you from where a 13c is expensive or hard to source?

The "modest" upgraded turbo is a 15g typically from a FWD car. You'll be fine with stock lh2.4 & it's standard injectors until you start turning the boost way up or you have a special need for aftermarket EMS. Also if it's your daily stay with lh2.4 but if you already have experience with a standalone, you do you
Old 03-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #2142
TheHappySwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmth View Post
What planet are you from where a 13c is expensive or hard to source?

The "modest" upgraded turbo is a 15g typically from a FWD car. You'll be fine with stock lh2.4 & it's standard injectors until you start turning the boost way up or you have a special need for aftermarket EMS. Also if it's your daily stay with lh2.4 but if you already have experience with a standalone, you do you
Haha, the 13Cs are everywhere until you need one (in Idaho). lol
Is the 15G the one in the 850s? If so, I thought those took quite a bit of modifying (manifold, downpipe etc.) to set up.
I know, I'm clueless, I wasn't going to touch my daily till the my oil control ring seized:(
TheHappySwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:01 PM   #2143
esmth
dirty swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappySwede View Post
Haha, the 13Cs are everywhere until you need one (in Idaho). lol
Is the 15G the one in the 850s? If so, I thought those took quite a bit of modifying (manifold, downpipe etc.) to set up.
I know, I'm clueless, I wasn't going to touch my daily till the my oil control ring seized:(
I've never done the 15g swap so i don't have answers for you. You should make a new thread (or do a search) in the performance section and you'll definitely get feedback as it's a common swap. And this is pretty off topic for this thread
Old 04-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #2144
Toni_
Board Member

Solved

http://volvo.tonit.org/

Last edited by Toni_; 04-09-2018 at 01:34 PM..
Toni_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #2145
klr142
Turbo, what?

Is there a v.26(or newer?) XDF for a 933 bin?
klr142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #2146
esmth
dirty swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by klr142 View Post
Is there a v.26(or newer?) XDF for a 933 bin?
You could try another xdf for a different bin. I've noticed many of the bin files have the same structure with different data in the maps