• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage Volvo 122 123 1800 Recaro seat hinge parts

Might anyone know where to find some obscure little springs? These are for the Recaro chrome seat hinges used on early '70's 1800's, 123GT's and as an option on 122's. These are the two little springs found in each of the outer seat hinges near doors. They are for the lever and the other small circular knob which I believe locks the seat hinge in position. They are about a 1/2" and 1/4" long. Thanks much to any who might be able to help!!

I went to Knecht's and Lowe's today and neither had any that were small enough. Lowe's did have some apprx. a 1/2" but they didn't turn out to have the tension necessary.

Are these the 2 springs ?

RecaroSeatBracketWlatch.jpg

Not to take away business from planetman, but for a future inquirer, check out McMaster-Carr.com They have tons of stuff like this.

Believe it or not, I did check out McMaster-Carr several days ago and they might have springs that could be modified to work, but no direct fit for either spring.

I also bought some springs from my local hardware store in hopes of modifying them and in both cases the springs I tried wouldn't work.

I assure you I do not want to remove these springs from a working unit. But as it so happens the bracket in my picture has been bent so I am willing to sell the springs.

planetman, would you still have the bent hinge and/or springs laying around? I'm looking for a driver's side, lower outboard hinge arm to replace the bent arm on my set. Has anyone successfully straightened a bent hinge arm? Any further update on aftermarket springs? A friend and I about to embark on a rebuild of two sets of Recaro hinges...wish us luck!

Back