• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My Volvo CAD Models/Render

Brotkasten

Jonas
My job is working with CAD. In my free time I like to work on this 740.
It's not about realism - I know its totally ridiculous :-D

I will post some renders here from time to time.
All modelling is done in CATIA. Renders and assemblies are made in Fusion 360.

x1pbMZOl.png

09yICGil.png

Hjnbu13l.png

Greetings

Great work! Did you actually measure everything, or just eyeballed it? Impressive either way

Thanks to all of you!

Great work! Did you actually measure everything, or just eyeballed it? Impressive either way

The engine stuff is roughly measured. A lot of the Casting details are eyeballed tho. :-D

The chassis is modelled based on technical drawings and pictures. The scale is pretty good.

Did you get the model off line, or start from scratch?

I got my inspiration from some kind of redblock 3D printing project. It just catched me and I started to model the full engine... from there on I got myself some technical drawings and started to do the 740 around it. The interior is lacking a lot of detail (really difficult to do from pics).

Some suggested me to try modding it into Assetto Corsa... while that would be totally awesome I think the CAD Models are a bit overly detailed... maybe NASA wants to try rendering it in real time :rofl:

C2CsTZul.png

I61qeWkl.png

I just found out that you can export .fbx files from Fusion 360...

THE CAR IS GOING INTO UNREAL ENGINE TONIGHT! :nod:

In 2016 (18 at the time) I tried around a bit and got this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0mkYQyPp0

I did not invest enough time to make it into something actually functioning tho.

Edit: Sorry for the video quality... I ripped it of some old Youtube account of mine.

My computer software cannot sprot .fbx files. I need better toys.

Back