• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TD04-13C vs. TD04L-13T -- Shaft play and oil present.

HighMans

So I have two turbos, one's a TD04-13C (Left) and a TD04L-13T (Right).

Left: Has play from left to right, and play in/out. Has no signs of oil really in it.

Right: Has play from left to right, but no play in/out. However it has signs of oil in it at some point.

unknown.png

Which should I use? The left or right? If I use the left turbo, I don't have to swap the exhaust housing. If I use the right, I will have to swap the exhaust housing.

That oil looks like it came from the PCV to me, on the right one. I'd run the 13t just cause it's a lil bit bigger.

You CANNOT interchange TD04H-13C turbine housing with TD04HL-XXX turbine housing.

TD04HL-13T also have flat/straight turbine housing that won't work with your downpipe.
TD04HL-15G has the conical housing that will work with your downpipe.

Well that throws a curve ball in to things, I'll just have to go with the TD04H-13C then -- I'm worried about the in/out play though.

I was hoping to swap over the turbine housing from the one of the left (TD04H-13C) to the one on the right (TD04HL-13T). :/

Back