• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Turbo repair

Vyrus616

Alright folks, I've got some turbo questions.

I've recently revived my dead 740 and some issues I had with it prior to its death and rebirth are now in need of repair.

B230FT with a Mitsubishi TD05-12B, LH2.2, T Cam and the AW71 Trans.

The major issues are that the cold side of the turbo got rubbed through by the old hot air hose from the exhaust (patched it with JB Weld about 4 years ago when I rebuilt the turbo and it's still holding.)

The Intake hose came loose and the turbo chewed up some small gravel and now it has kindof a kazoo sound to it from the fins of the turbine being slightly damaged.

The CBV has a hole in the diaphragm and whistles loudly from its leak.

So should I consider rebuilding the current turbo with fresh parts? Should I switch to a different turbo? Maybe buy a chinabay T3/T4 Hybrid?

Somehow it still puts out around 7 lbs of boost, but I'd like to get it back in fighting shape so I could raise the boost in the future without fear of it flying apart.

I looked through the performace section of this sight but a lot of pages were down. Generally the turbo talk is kindof confusing to me as well.

Anybody have any recommendations?

What are your goals? Do you just want a good stock replacement turbo? Or a small power gain? Please give us an idea of what you are looking to do.

I'd love to get some more power out of the car, but I'm not looking for anything crazy. I'm probably shooting for about 200 hp eventually.

Back