• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mastercraft MC-440 Tires

lummert

Last month I purchased 2 of the tires used, and yesterday I purchased 2 more used.
They are the same as Cooper Starfire RS-C 2.0, which was easier to find specifications for. They are manufactured In China by Kenda which is owned by Cooper.
Here are specs:
Size: 216/60-15
Tire diameter: 25.16 inch
Section width: 8.70 inch
Tread width: 6.89 inch
Minimum wheel width: 6.00 inch
Maximum wheel width: 7.50 inch
Directional: No
Speed rating: H
Load rating: 94
Asymmetrical: No
Tread wear rating: 400
Traction rating: A
Temperature rating: A
Tread depth: 10/32 inch
Run flat: No
Max load single: 1477 lbs

These fit 6 inch wheel just fine, but would be a better fit if the wheels were 1/4 to 1/2 wider. I have mounted 2 of these to the front of my 88 765 and wrapped up the other 2 to save for when the rear tires need replacing. Tires this size are getting increasingly more difficult to find so I start looking for good used before I actually need them. This time I lucked out finding that my cousin's repair shop had 4 of these still having 9/32 inch tread in his shed. My cost was $20 each carry out. I then take my tires to my friends junk yard to mount and balance them myself. He'd recently taken them off of a car that he had sent to the crusher. Cousin has a repair shop and towing service, so sending cars to the crusher is common for him.

I have these on my 960 and they've actually been great. I bought them from a closed down tire shop. Whole set for a hundo.

Finally got around to moving front Mastercraft MC-440 tires to the rear and installing the other 2 of these tires on the front of my 88 765.

Mounted on OE 15x6 wheels:
8/32 inch tread depth in all tread grooves
1998 mm (78.72 inch) circumference
266.64 mm (25.06 inch) overall diameter
215.9 mm (8.5 inch) section width.

Odometer error is +3%
Speedometer is right on.

Back