• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Budget Bagging my 240

celflex

Well I had a bunch of parts air ride parts laying around so I decided to bag the Volvo 240 you guys helped me get running. :)

The goal for the daily is to make it driveable aired out (sorry no laying body) so that means I need the wheels to turn.
So far I have the stock 14/70 sitting about here. I have the ability to another 1.5in lower which I'll wait to see how my 16/55 fit once the powder guy stops slacking.

As you can see I had to do some cutting and welding.

Last edited:
There's a guy based in Canada who bagged his and swapped a 5.0. It's a red wagon, can't remember the name. Super cool build though.

A Chevy power train could be in this come spring time.
Just bored and had parts laying around and figured why not.
Who doesn't loved slammed cars? Lol

Only progress today was getting new hardware and dropping another inch. Lower control arm is almost hitting so I'll prolly just leave it at this height.

There's a guy based in Canada who bagged his and swapped a 5.0. It's a red wagon, can't remember the name. Super cool build though.

Yeah the car is here (edit - Edmonton) Was built here then I believe sold to another guy. It's been up forsale for a while now. I don't think it sold. Asking 5k.

Jordan

Snagged my wheel from the powder coated since I seem to be faster than him.
Debating a tire size for the front on a 16x7 wheel. 205 45 or 40.
Rear I'm thinking 225-245

On a 7 I'd run a 225 square setup for going that low. You may be able to get a 235 in there but a 245 on a 7 would be a little hard. I have 245s on 8s on my car. I'm low but not stupid low.

Got some brackets made for the rear.
Ended up cutting one square out of the rear jounce bumper.
Needed the rear to sit alittle lower from than the front.
Also I acquired 2 205/40 and 2 205/45 basically new. Perfect for this budget build.

The goal for the daily is to make it driveable aired out (sorry no laying body) so that means I need the wheels to turn.

That pic isn't with the bump stops chopped. And I'm not laying body. 16 on a 45 rear is basically going to be on the ground

Illusion Blue Bling Time to get some tires mounted and check clearances. I feel everything should be good. Better safe than sorry.

The cat is a half inch off the ground. Think that's low enough. Don't want to plow snow.

lol thanks. that's as low as its going during this budget phase.
i have enough projects and lowriders to work on.

That Silverado in the back actually looks pretty damn sweet.

I like this, next just grab a set of 17-18" wheels and tuck rim.

That Silverado in the back actually looks pretty damn sweet.

I like this, next just grab a set of 17-18" wheels and tuck rim.
i agree i personally wouldn't have normally went with a 16in wheel but they came with the car and its a budget build. so 200 in powder and 50 for almost new tires and i at least have something decent to roll around on.

the silverado is bagged on shockwaves/4link/autopilot V2 on 26s... that's my baby no budget there lol.
i just want to finish the volvo to start wrapping the frame of the monte.

Last edited:
Very nice setup.

What is the total cost of your build?

What is the highest you can lift?
I haven't added up, But let's see.
700$ Car
200$ Parts to make run and drive
400$ Powder coat wheels, adapters, lug nuts, tires and mounted and balanced.
Air ride I had everything laying around except a check valve and a few fittings.
So prolly 500$ atleast in air ride parts.

As far as lift I should have it finished today and I will take pictures.
I ended up having to raise the front up a tiny bit since the cat is dragging.
If I make it to a phase 2 on this car it will be to lay body which will be easy.

Last edited:
Took it for a ride. Need to find some very short shocks for the rear of anyone has any ideas?
Or I could add an accumulator..
This is all the way up. Need to get it on a hoist and raise the exhaust. Kind screwed with the header.

Back