• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Wilwood dual one. Have the info on my computer if you need it. Don't have t available right now.

Thanks,

No worries.

I picked up a set of adapters. Will be a while until I do anything with them. Hoping to be able to upgrade to a dual circuit yet remain un-assisted.

They were next to impossible to get in due to the poly bushings. Trying juggle a rear ended while doing that, don't think I would of got them in.

The trailing arm won't fit past the spacers unless you bend the brackets on the rear end. BTDT.

I still plan to get a Wilwood to match my clutch... I am just trying to decide on rears first, then lines...

I'm attempting to start making my lines now. However, I'm having a lot of trouble. This maybe due to the $*** auto zone tool I have or no bench vise (mine broke in half).

I believe mine is already dual circuit, so that's one less thing to worry about. Here is the MC I was looking at: http://www.wilwood.com/Search/PartNoSearch.aspx?q=260-8794

I will be yanking the tank out next. I remeber it was leaking slightly when I was filling it up and I need to change out the fitting for main line... Might as well replace the sending unit while I have it out.

Sent the springs out to get them swapped out with others. The sway bar should arrive saturday for the front.

Thanks,

Removal of Fuel Tank

Today I yanked the tank out. It raised a lot of questions. Like why do I have metal beads in the tank? Also really curious how the fuel system pulls fuel out of the tank when the fitting for the main line is at the top of the tank.

The tank is covered with a thick undercoat. Don't know if I want to leave it, or take it off and have the entire tank powder coated. Will replace the filler neck, new clamps, and new sending unit.

SDIKLESl.jpg

wN9FwF6l.jpg

T2YmUDll.jpg

y5WPNzUl.jpg

nCRdh1Ml.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
The metal beads look like they're magnetic?

RedWoodChair mentioned once a trick to get rust out of a tank. Their some ball bearings in and they'll eventually clean the rust off the surface as you drive. Magnets would keep the rust stuck to them, I think.

Rad car!

The beads are in reality the rest part of a original part: a chain to save the fuel cap. This chain is fixed on the cap, on other side onto the fuel neck ;-) regards, Kay

Thats what I thought it might be. It has wedged itself. Will try to get it out. If I can't get it, it's going to stay in for another few decades. Lol.

Thanks!

The tank is covered with a thick undercoat. Don't know if I want to leave it, or take it off and have the entire tank powder coated.

Paint is "always" nice...seen your current mods, but will you go all the way with the rest of the "underbody"!? Good luck....following from here. :)
/ sven

I have painted anything that could unbolt from the car. Nothing left really... Now the question is red or black...

Sway bar came in today thanks to 122power. Thanks again! Will get this painted next week.

MlIn8vrl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back