• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Turbo dead?

MARS

I'm driving kind of hard. I stop at the 7-11 come out then start her up, having a very hard time. Then she starts but cant go over 5mph and no boost at all. I hear a very slight air leak. I make it home and see that a vacuum line that popped off what i think is the dump valve? I reconnect it and i still have no power and zero boos. I wonder it if i blew the turbo? Ill pull off the inter-cooler hose later and see if she spins inside.

One thing i can say is there is no kind of whine sound or any oil blowing out of the ass of the car. I have had a turbo seize on me once and this is nothing like that. This is more like an inter-cooler hose blew off.

I hope its a vacuum leak, and yes i killed a turbo. Some how it was not getting cooled down the right way and it burned up driving down the road.

All the vacuum lines seem good, the air side of the turbo spins free. I just cant get boost, the car stumbles and almost stalls at boost.

Yes i can rev in park, but i scoped out all hoses. Ill have to look again. Maybe i split one or something

I just noticed i cant budge the waste gate rod at all, on my 745tic i can move it a bit. I have not attempted to disconnect the rod yet

Idle control valve hoses seem prone to splitting on me for 15-18psi.
check under inlet manifold there's a cylinder shaped thing in a rubber clasp with a couple of hoses running in and out of it.
When that gave up on me it never built boost, i could hear air rushing noises under throttle, but it was still kinda drivable up to 6 psi, then the hole opened up and the car fell on it's arse again.
Just another suggestion.

T

Ya, sounds like it was the hose to your cbv that was disconnected (on the front/compressor side) wastegate is underneath. Sounds like a torn diaphragm which just bleeds boost.

I know I have trouble moving the wastegate actuator without a set of pliers to grip, it's pretty stiff. It's probably ok- if it's stuck shut you'll get too much boost, but if it's stuck open, no boost, but it will still start and drive normally, just less power.

Get this everyone, some kind of vacuum leak from the climate control is causing all these issues. I turned off the AC (that has been disconnected for a year) and the issues are GONE! Also the issue comes back if i adjust the blower position or fiddle with any of the control's. It comes and goes! I now think its the "ECC climate control unit" I have had issues for a long time. hard starts, stalling, cooling fan almost stalling the car. I now wonder if its all the "ECC climate control unit"

Some car uses vacuum to control the climate control, you could have a broken vacuum line in there.

I know 240, and turbo dodge all use vacuum, I think it's the most retarded design what so ever.

Try disconnecting and plugging the vacuum line that goes to the firewall to the ECC and see if that helps first. It should be a pretty small line that shouldn't affect driveability THAT much if it is leaking...

It may also be physical loading on the engine from the A/C and e-fan trying to come on... if they are. "I turned off the AC (that has been disconnected for a year) and the issues are GONE!" I am not sure what this means. How did you disconnect the A/C and are you referring to the ventilation system in general or just the air conditioning?

I agree with the post above that it would be hard to imagine that a vacuum leak the through the tiny climate control vacuum line would cause all of your problems. Plug the line and see if that helps you.

Back